Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Active Park Assist System Issues

MangoMan17

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST
Hi guys, need little help here.

I am a first time Ford owner and i love my ST. I'm facing weird issue with the Active Park assist system.
It pops up even I'm on highways or driving on high speeds, and after that it gives me "Active Park Assist System Failure". It really bothers while driving the car specially we have navigation ON.

I showed this to dealer as well, but they mentioned it is a software issue, they don't have a fix for it. They checked with Ford as well, even Ford doesn't have the fix for it. But i don't understand how it can be just software issues. Same software running on other STs too and they are running fine IMO.

Well, last year in July I installed intercooler, and I had to disconnect the radar sensors while taking our the bumper. But this issue started happening early this year.

Also this issue happens a lot when it is raining.

I wanted to check if anyone one of you have seen such issues with explorers. Any help would be appreciated. I'm also attaching the link small videos

Any help is appreciated.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7CHbohKWKTYpnrBn8

OP
M

MangoMan17

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #2
This the small clip (gif) when Active Park Assist faulting on the interstate. I'm well above 40mph in this clip.

ezgif-5-7c7e45947c.gif

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I just started having the same issues. I don’t think it’s software related. It’s gotta be some sort of hardware issue. I was driving 40 miles an hour down the road then out of nowhere I saw it. Turn the car off and on fixes it, but it intermittently comes on and off.

Explorer ST Posts