Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

A used conundrum

heptoman

Reactions
As I mentioned in my intro post, I've been a lurker for a while but hopefully I'll be pulling the trigger on an ST. Here's the scoop on a particular vehicle that I would love some input on:

I'm eyeing a used 2020, fully loaded. It's more than I originally was willing to settle for, which was base + street package. Listed price is currently $45,000. 30,000 miles, build day of July 8, 2019. They are willing to give me $16,500 for a trade-in. Trade-in plus down-payment will yield an approximate $14,000 financing.

Here's the caveat:
-Manufacturer buyback: "Transmission and audio system concerns"

Dealer has verified that it has indeed been repaired, with documentation from Ford. Factory warranty still in effect - still some bumper to bumper left and a lot of powertrain. 12 months/12,000 warranty also from dealer, starting from the date of purchase.

My wife says she has a bad feeling about it, and that if it was any good, someone would have bought it already. It's been at this dealership since January.

Feedback appreciated!

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I would definitely bargain for an extended warranty- equal to what Ford gives for a new ST. If they won't do that, I'd pass.

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Have to agree with your wife. When you go to sell the vehicle will still be listed as a buyback.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Yeah I think I’d pass. At the very least have them throw in a ESP. But my understanding is avoid any 2019 build dates.

OP
H

heptoman

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Ok everyone, thanks for your input! Guess we'll just have to wait.