Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

A different parking brake issue...

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Get in vehicle, fire it up, push the parking brake button.... it tells me the parking brake is now *off*
Park the vehicle, push the button, it tells me the parking brake is now *off*...
Push the button again, same message...
Push the button again, same message... I'm starting to see a pattern here...

No matter what sequence I use of starting/stopping, driving/parking the ST, the button is only capable of telling me the brake is off.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Maybe I missed your intent, but you pull up on the 'button' to set the brake and push down to release it.

hbalek

Reactions
Pull up to engage brake. Rarely need to push to disengage. It automatically disengages when you put in gear and press the gas. Nice feature! My 2013 Lincoln MKZ had the same thing but annoyingly you had to have your seatbelt on for it to automatically release the brake.

OP
ZRX61

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Maybe I missed your intent, but you pull up on the 'button' to set the brake and push down to release it.

Well **** LMFAO!!! Getting old sucks....

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
DOH! That was great. It's nice to know there was an easy solution.

Last edited:

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I have no problem laughing at myself. Glad you don't either. Doh!

Reactions
This thread was a great way to start off my day.....lol

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hate to admit it but when I first got my ST, i was doing the opposite (pulling up on the button) a few times to disengage the parking brake after having done that to engage it thinking it was just an on/off switch. Duh.. During that brief learning period, it was nice to be able to put it in gear and touch the gas to have the ST adjust for my stupidity.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
My parking brake on my ST defaults to ON even when I turn it off-is there a way to keep it in the OFF position?

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
My parking brake on my ST defaults to ON even when I turn it off-is there a way to keep it in the OFF position?
If yours has the latest recall done that is the default for it. No way to turn it off that I know of.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
If yours has the latest recall done that is the default for it. No way to turn it off that I know of.
The vehicle has 50 miles on it so no recalls yet!