Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

4in Exhaust tips for stock exhaust

wpgbeaST

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Sorry if this has been asked already, I've tried to search for it but just come across complete exhaust setups etc.
just looking to replace the tips - stock tips don't fill out the bumper and it bothers me.
not looking to upgrade anything on the exhaust, dont want my ST to be any louder, just want some nice black tips for cosmetic reasons.

anybody stumble across such a thing?

Reactions
Vehicle
2x 2023 Explorer STs
I haven't run across anything that was ready built and I have been searching. My wife loves the look of the Thermal exhaust I have installed but doesnt want any additional noise on her ST. I think I may end up exploring a custom muffler/tip set up attached to the stock pipes. If that becomes to much of a pain or too costly, we may go the full exhaust route but with a much more quiet setup

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
eBay is full of them. 2.25” inlet / 4” outlet X 9” long. Pick 4 and take them to your favorite muffler shop to cut off the old and weld on the new.

OP
W

wpgbeaST

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
eBay is full of them. 2.25” inlet / 4” outlet X 9” long. Pick 4 and take them to your favorite muffler shop to cut off the old and weld on the new.
thanks for the suggestion. greatly appreciated.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
This is what I used (2 sets of 2):

NETAMI 2.25 inch Inlet to 4 inch... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Y2CDJ78?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

There is the brand name etched on it but just applied some high heat black spray and it's been fine since.

You'll need a short 2-to-2.25" transition pipe. I used a cutoff wheel on the stock tips.