Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

400A with ST Street and Pilot360+

hxrly

Reactions
Hello all. I am very close to buying an 2021 Explorer ST and I think I found the spec I want, but I have some questions.

Are the cooled seats and memory function part of 401A? I would like these, but they're not a deal breaker.

Does the Co-Pilot 360 Assist+ include lane centering and adaptive cruise control? This is something I want to try, even if I disable it later.

Looks like the 400A is also missing the 110V outlet, but I'm not 100% sure. What else would I be missing by selecting a 400A and not 401A?

The car I am planning to go see has the following spec:
- 400A
- ST Street Pack - a must for me
- Co-Pilot 360 Assist+
- Roof-rack - don't need it, but all of the new ones seem to include it

MSRP: $52.3k. Don't think I'm going to be able to get better pricing in this day and age other than a $500 bonus cash as the only incentive. Might need that cash to add some bracing to the one-bolt rear diff.

Reactions
400a loses power everything like the fold down seats, steering wheel, b&o sound system, ventilated seats, wireless charging, 110v outlet, heated 2nd row, ambient lighting and some other stuff I put no value in. I ordered a 400a and am only upset there is no b&o sound system as the hiding indicates it has.

OP
H

hxrly

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
400a loses power everything like the fold down seats, steering wheel, b&o sound system, ventilated seats, wireless charging, 110v outlet, heated 2nd row, ambient lighting and some other stuff I put no value in. I ordered a 400a and am only upset there is no b&o sound system as the hiding indicates it has.
Thanks man, very helpful. I went to see it today and ended up taking it home. The lack of wireless charging was a disappointment, but these you have to connect to get Android auto regardless; everything else I didn't care much about. I like the seats on the 400A package more opposed to the perforated leather. Ended up getting 0% financing through Ford, which they're not really advertising but I was happy they offered it. Overall happy with the decision, now I need to figure out how to disable the lane keeping warning "feature," seems to be the only one I can't disable and let me do the driving.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thanks man, very helpful. I went to see it today and ended up taking it home. The lack of wireless charging was a disappointment, but these you have to connect to get Android auto regardless; everything else I didn't care much about. I like the seats on the 400A package more opposed to the perforated leather. Ended up getting 0% financing through Ford, which they're not really advertising but I was happy they offered it. Overall happy with the decision, now I need to figure out how to disable the lane keeping warning "feature," seems to be the only one I can't disable and let me do the driving.
Check page 261 in the owners manual. That tells how to turn it on or off.

Reactions
Awesome! I've only read the order guide about what's different as I'm still impatiently waiting for mine to come and I can't find any pics or videos of a 400a. I love suede and especially suede inserts seats so I was excited to see that they switch to suede when you go to 400a. Are the 2nd and 3rd row full leather? While I would like it if they all match, my kids will just spill back there anyways so all leather is probably better.

I go back and forth if I wanted the 360+ as I'd like the upgraded cruise control but when I ordered it I decided against it. Just a 400a with the ST Street pack and roof rails.

OP
H

hxrly

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Awesome! I've only read the order guide about what's different as I'm still impatiently waiting for mine to come and I can't find any pics or videos of a 400a. I love suede and especially suede inserts seats so I was excited to see that they switch to suede when you go to 400a. Are the 2nd and 3rd row full leather? While I would like it if they all match, my kids will just spill back there anyways so all leather is probably better.

I go back and forth if I wanted the 360+ as I'd like the upgraded cruise control but when I ordered it I decided against it. Just a 400a with the ST Street pack and roof rails.
I just checked, it's suede inserts for the first and 2nd row (captain's chairs) and the third row is leather/leatherette.

When I drove it home the dealer had every single driving aid enabled, it drove me nuts for the first few minutes until I pulled over and turned everything off. After I became more familiar I turned on the adaptive cruise and lane centering options to try them out and they're pretty cool, but nothing I would use daily since I don't jump on the highway for long. On a long boring drive I would probably use it, but regular cruise control works just fine.

Loving it so far, really happy with the choice. After owning 3 F-150s all with the 2.7 ecoboost, these engines sound much better and pull pretty nicely stock.

Last edited: