Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

3rd row power options to replace aux power / wireless charger

njeyez

Reactions
Hey guys, I’m trying to find a 3rd row power option that includes a usb-c / usb but where I don’t need to plug in the adapter but replace it completely. My kids steal my plugs all the time.

Also, anyone know if there are any upgrade options to the crappy wireless charger, anyone know of a MagSafe option or something that will actually charge a phone when it sits there getting object misaligned errors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
just put a usb power charger adapter in the 12V power plug in the trunk. for the wireless charger in front, i use a wireless charging car mount.

Reactions
I noticed that to. The wireless charging pad is terrible. I leave my phone for hours at a time and it barely charged and is extremely hot to the touch.

Maria70

Reactions
I just recently purchased an iPhone 13 and it charges for a few minutes then I get a message stating charging terminated due to misalignment. I don’t have a case on it and my iPhone 11 even with a case never had a problem. Took it to Ford and they told me there is no issue. Does anyone have any idea what to do. There are no coins or anything in there

Reactions

Maria70

Reactions
I tried to click on the link but it won’t pull up. I took my truck to Ford yesterday and they said there is no update and it’s the phones fault. I had the iPhone 11 and it charged no problem the iPhone 13 pro nothing but error messages

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
It’s obviously the new phone if previous versions worked fine…
Rotate the phone and try it again. There may be some proximity issues if Apple moved the inductive pad inside the phone. My 12 and wife’s 10 work fine.

Reactions
My IPhone 13 behaves the same also, very slow to charge, gets very warm, error messages. I have a 2020 explorer and 2019 edge, same thing in both vehicles

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
My wife's iPhone 12 charges pretty slowly, and gets the Misaligned error message often. She does have a thicker case on it, and I think the ridge around the camera causes it. My Galaxy S9 has no issues, never got the error no matter how I drop it against the pad, charges fast, and doesn't get any warmer than my wireless charger at home. Seems like an Apple issue.

At least Ford tried! My wife's 2021 Range Rover Velar doesn't have wireless charging as an option, have to get the big boy $105K 2023 Range Rover for that. The only way for the Velar is some fugly JLR accessory mount that permanently removes one of the cupholders. Oh well, it's a British car, the less electrical connections the better!