Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

360/backup Camera picture quality

mezalu

Reactions
Anyone notice how the picture quality when backing up kinda sucks? The camera in my wife’s Blazer is super clean compared to the explorer and I’m envious of it. I wonder if the technology package has better picture quality or if the 2020s had better cameras???

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Tech package here. picture quality sucks. my wife's audi Q5 is so sharp and clear. Not mine. it gets the job done though.

Last edited:

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Picture quality is fine on my 2020 with the tech package. Just wish it was bigger.

Reactions
It also stutters. Not a fan of it at all. Feels like there's a short delay to it. The 5th gen reverse camera was better

Reactions
The POS $25k Chevy rental I got last time my ST was in the shop had a backup camera that made the STs look like a 2001 webcam.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Picture quality is fine on my 2020 with the tech package. Just wish it was bigger.
You can tap on the icon(s) below the 'default' image when in Reverse and it will display a larger pic, either 'flat' or convex view, just like the front camera view options. I found this helps a lot.