Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

305-35-22 Tires vs 315-35-22 Tires

GMAN

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer GT
Purchased new Vossel GNS 22 x 10.5 +30 wheels and looking to see if anyone running 315-35-22 tires on this size of wheel and weather lowered or not any issues with tires rubbing. I know 305-35-22 tires are not an issue but limited tires are available in this size where as the 315-35-22 there is more selection of tires, The 315 is 3\8" wider than the 305. Any feedback from anyone with this set-up would be appreciated before I purchase the new tires.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
There’s definitely not a bigger selection of 315/35’s…there’s like 2 summer and one winter. Both sizes fit fine but the 305’s are a ton cheaper.

OP
GMAN

GMAN

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer GT
Thread Starter #3
Here in Canada the only summer performance tire available is the Michelin Pilot Super Sport in the 305/35ZR22/110Y XL. The 315/35R22/111Y XL there is a Pirelli P Zero & P Zero Run Flat tire available. I typically prefer a Michelin, as that is the winter tire I have on my Explorer, so think I will go with the 305 in the Michelin Pilot Supper Sport.

On another note what OEM of lowering springs did you use and did you need to make any changes to the alignment once the lowering springs were installed? That is my next modification I am looking at once I get my new wheels and tires installed this summer.

Appreciate you feedback thanks

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
H&Rs are probably the best choice unless your tow, which the Steedas would be next best. Yes you woulf definitly need an alignment.

Reactions
Here in Canada the only summer performance tire available is the Michelin Pilot Super Sport in the 305/35ZR22/110Y XL. The 315/35R22/111Y XL there is a Pirelli P Zero & P Zero Run Flat tire available. I typically prefer a Michelin, as that is the winter tire I have on my Explorer, so think I will go with the 305 in the Michelin Pilot Supper Sport.

On another note what OEM of lowering springs did you use and did you need to make any changes to the alignment once the lowering springs were installed? That is my next modification I am looking at once I get my new wheels and tires installed this summer.

Appreciate you feedback thanks
I have the 305-35-22 Michelins and they for and look great with h&r. Definitely nee the alignment and a good alignment shop who can push everything as close to factory spec as possible.

OP
GMAN

GMAN

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer GT
Thread Starter #6
I have the 305-35-22 Michelins and they for and look great with h&r. Definitely nee the alignment and a good alignment shop who can push everything as close to factory spec as possible.
Sounds good appreciate the information

OP
GMAN

GMAN

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer GT
Thread Starter #7
H&Rs are probably the best choice unless your tow, which the Steedas would be next best. Yes you woulf definitly need an alignment.
Ok sounds good thanks