Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2025 Explorer Teaser Ahead of Tomorrow's Reveal

Reactions
I wonder if you could buy the adaptive headlights seperate and install on the ST's? If the connections are the same, then it could just be a plug-n-play with the FORScan software, or potentially with a ford tech reprogramming the PCM metrics
You also need to replace the control module and that needs to be reprogrammed. I dont think anyone has done it soo far, it's been asked before but thats about it

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Plus the ST is supposed to have blacked out or smoked lens compared to the other trims. But honestly since they dropped the SPORT model and went to the ST I dont really see any difference in lens darkness.

L33der

Reactions
Vehicle
17 Explorer, 20 Transit, 24 F150, 25 Explorer ST
I wonder if you could buy the adaptive headlights seperate and install on the ST's? If the connections are the same, then it could just be a plug-n-play with the FORScan software, or potentially with a ford tech reprogramming the PCM metrics
This is what I might do once I know more about what's compatible. As far as FORScan, I read on their website they aren't supporting MY24 Ford's anymore, but then I read elsewhere they are going to support MY24. I saw on other forums a few MY24 Super Duty owners were able to get a Beta build that worked with their Truck. I heard Ford is now encrypting Module communications. Anybody have anymore insight on this? If true, this is a real bummer. I use FORScan version 2.4.x to update module firmware on MY19 Whippled F150.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
This is also happening on the 24 mustangs, they locked down the PCM and if you try to tune it, it will phone home to the mothership and compare itself with the as built data, and if it finds a different tune, it will brick itself. GM is also trying to prevent any tuning. It all stems from the government crackdown on illegal modifications and the only way for the manufacturers to comply with their ever increasing standards is to keep you from doing anything to you vehicle except drive it.
Right now the only mod you can do on a 24 mustang is a whipple supercharger because Ford gave them a custom tune to make it work together.

L33der

Reactions
Vehicle
This is also happening on the 24 mustangs, they locked down the PCM and if you try to tune it, it will phone home to the mothership and compare itself with the as built data, and if it finds a different tune, it will brick itself. GM is also trying to prevent any tuning. It all stems from the government crackdown on illegal modifications and the only way for the manufacturers to comply with their ever increasing standards is to keep you from doing anything to you vehicle except drive it.
Right now the only mod you can do on a 24 mustang is a whipple supercharger because Ford gave them a custom tune to make it work together.
That is some BS! :mad: I really hope the FORScan team can work their magic once they get their hands on more 2024's. On my '19 Whippled Stage 2 F150, the Ford Techs at my local Svc Dept haven't a clue how to flash back to AB in order to update modules and then flash the latest Whipple Tune w/ the Tomahawk. They said problem was IDS wouldn't recognize the Truck. All they had to do was enter the Tear Tag of the Vehicle and boom, IDS detects. I think they were more afraid of messing something up, even though the Shelby they sell is the same setup. So, I take my $25 VLinker FS and do it myself. Always worked flawlessly and never an issue.

Loric76

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Still deciding between ST or Platinum. I really wish the ST had Black wheels instead of Magnetite. WTF was Ford thinking? Adaptive Headlamps are a nice touch on the Plat, but that Grill, meh. Really love the Paddle shifters that are on my wife's 17 Explorer Sport so leaning more towards 25 ST. Plus tighter handling and a tad more torque with 3.58 Axle. Here's the Order Guide to help you decide. Decisions, decisions. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Thanks for sharing the order guide. Any chance the one for Canada is available yet?

L33der

Reactions
Vehicle
Thanks for sharing the order guide. Any chance the one for Canada is available yet?
Sorry, I don't. Your dealer should be able to give that to you if you are located in Canada.

Reactions
No more Iconic Silver according to the Ford site. I agree with Unbroken, that it is a great color for this vehicle.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I noticed atlas blue is gone too.

Fltacoma

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
Vehicle
I do not have an Explorer ST yet but will soon
So do yall think that when the 2025's come out, they won't be able to be tuned?

Reactions
Will the 2025 still be considered Gen6?

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I would think so. Same body, just a refresh on the front and interior. If anything you could call it a gen 6.5

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Ford Performance will typically adjust the calibrations to allow for the new model year. Im pretty sure the engine didnt change its still a 3.0L V6 Twin Turbo. I will ask my contacts at Engineering if they can confirm.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Ford Performance will typically adjust the calibrations to allow for the new model year. Im pretty sure the engine didnt change its still a 3.0L V6 Twin Turbo. I will ask my contacts at Engineering if they can confirm.
Yeah everything I have read notes same exact engine configuration for the ST.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Well my 2023 Raptor is identical to the 2022, not even a refresh like the 25 Explorer, and my ECU is locked and not tuneable while 21-22 are tuneable. I'm sure Ford will do the same to the 25 Explorers.

Fltacoma

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
Vehicle
I do not have an Explorer ST yet but will soon
Well that's pretty aggravating. Wonder if anyone will find a way to make the ECU a standalone ECU then? If Ford can cancel out tunes at will, then what is the point in buying a 2025 to mod it up when you cannot?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Well my 2023 Raptor is identical to the 2022, not even a refresh like the 25 Explorer, and my ECU is locked and not tuneable while 21-22 are tuneable. I'm sure Ford will do the same to the 25 Explorers.
Are scan tools locked out? Can you use Forscan for Maintenance, and reading/resetting DTCs?

Reactions
Well that's pretty aggravating. Wonder if anyone will find a way to make the ECU a standalone ECU then? If Ford can cancel out tunes at will, then what is the point in buying a 2025 to mod it up when you cannot?
There will be ways around it, Dodge has their PCM encrypted to make it harder for tunes, still do-able. Worst case scenario, will need to swap out PCM for an unlocked one to tune it

I remember reading Cadillac I believe? Can set the ECU back to stock with OTA update on certain models. Wouldnt be surprise this being a thing sooner rather than later.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Are scan tools locked out? Can you use Forscan for Maintenance, and reading/resetting DTCs?
Yes, Forscan still works. Need to get it so I can activate my heated steering wheel. Don't want my hands to get cold while I'm using the Raptor to its full abilities in the Starbucks drive thru!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
There will be ways around it, Dodge has their PCM encrypted to make it harder for tunes, still do-able. Worst case scenario, will need to swap out PCM for an unlocked one to tune it.
Technically I can buy a 2022 ECU and tune it that way. Hoping someone cracks the security soon though. We'll see if Ford goes the same route on the 25 Explorers.