Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2024 Explorer ST order

Ohioguy93

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
My lease is up in March 2024. I am thinking of ordering a 2024 Explorer ST now so it would be in around March or April. Thinking of just doing a two-year lease then ordering a 2026 Explorer ST as they should be redesigned in 2025. My thought is I will get a redesign plus, I’m hoping interest rates won’t be as crazy as they are now.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
My lease is up in March 2024. I am thinking of ordering a 2024 Explorer ST now so it would be in around March or April. Thinking of just doing a two-year lease then ordering a 2026 Explorer ST as they should be redesigned in 2025. My thought is I will get a redesign plus, I’m hoping interest rates won’t be as crazy as they are now.
Welcome to the forum

Polo08816

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2014 BMW 335i
Isn't the 2024 MY rumored to be a short run? I would imagine the 2025 model will be introduced in early 2024 with production starting by mid 2024?

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Do yourself a favor and just don't

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Why do you say not to? Prices? Interest rates?
1. Sync 3 is horrible, if you use your phones connection (AA or car play) it only uses 1/3 of the screen on the 10 inch screen version
2. Read about the recent software issues. Mine never fully recovered and still exhibits some of the bugs with the most recent software.
3. Rear subframe bolts - read up on it and realize how many people are paying 500 plus dollars to fix Ford's price reduction initiative that has caused diffs to drop and driveshafts to separate from the vehicles drivetrain.
4. Look up how many people have smoking in cold starts. Mine did it at 8k and the dealer tried to claim it was condensation.
5. Is this what you expect from a 61k dollar vehicle?

Look dude I enjoyed mine and was thrilled to get it. Ford and it's quality killed it and they are buying mine back. If you want something fun and sporty get a sports car.

TSAFE

Reactions
Vehicle
Searching
1. Sync 3 is horrible, if you use your phones connection (AA or car play) it only uses 1/3 of the screen on the 10 inch screen version
2. Read about the recent software issues. Mine never fully recovered and still exhibits some of the bugs with the most recent software.
3. Rear subframe bolts - read up on it and realize how many people are paying 500 plus dollars to fix Ford's price reduction initiative that has caused diffs to drop and driveshafts to separate from the vehicles drivetrain.
4. Look up how many people have smoking in cold starts. Mine did it at 8k and the dealer tried to claim it was condensation.
5. Is this what you expect from a 61k dollar vehicle?

Look dude I enjoyed mine and was thrilled to get it. Ford and it's quality killed it and they are buying mine back. If you want something fun and sporty get a sports car.
Ok good to know

Otter1775

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Explorer ST
Good evening, everyone. Placed my order on 8 January and will go into production the week of 4 March. UPDATE: I ended up canceling my 2024 order and placed a new one for the 2025. To Sgt1411, I had a brain fart.

Last edited:

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Good evening, everyone. Placed my order on 8 January and will go into production the week of 4 March.
Sorry for the question but can you please help me understand the reasoning for purchasing a 24MY knowing that there are no changes since 21MY and the 25MY has significant changes for the better?

Polo08816

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2014 BMW 335i
Sorry for the question but can you please help me understand the reasoning for purchasing a 24MY knowing that there are no changes since 21MY and the 25MY has significant changes for the better?
There are not many good reasons to do so. From what I understand 2024 will be a short model year and the 2025s should be introduced soon.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
The 24 MY production is very short due to the summer time switch over to the new 25 MY production. 2024 Production is referred to as a "VIN ROLL" year meaning any 2023 units that didn't get built will be rolled over and built with same options and pricing but as a 2024MY. I would encourage anyone looking at a new Explorer of any trim level to wait for the 2025. The interior alone is worth the wait, plus the exterior front and back clips are redone.

Polo08816

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2014 BMW 335i
25 MY was just unveiled and the build configurator is up on Ford's website. I wouldn't even bother ordering a 2024.

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
25 MY was just unveiled and the build configurator is up on Ford's website. I wouldn't even bother ordering a 2024.
Looks like they dropped 401a, the brake packages, and are forcing you to take the sunroof.

Odd they added a smokers package though.....

Polo08816

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2014 BMW 335i
Looks like they dropped 401a, the brake packages, and are forcing you to take the sunroof.

I haven't see the official specs or a 2025 order guide to determine whether the brake packages are now standard features of the ST... or whether those brake options have been dropped completely.

Polo08816

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2014 BMW 335i

It's not clear which "performance brake" package this would be equivalent to in the 2020-2024 Ford Explorer ST.

1707014154773.png