Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2023 FE ST electric brake

Badrapp

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Whenever I put my FE ST in park, the emergency brake comes on automatically, is that standard? My dealership is saying it is....please help!!!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Whenever I put my FE ST in park, the emergency brake comes on automatically, is that standard? My dealership is saying it is....please help!!!
Yes it is perfectly normal. It was part of the rear diff recall so that if the rear diff bowl snapped the vehicle wouldnt roll away.

OP
Badrapp

Badrapp

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
Yes it is perfectly normal. It was part of the rear diff recall so that if the rear diff bowl snapped the vehicle wouldnt roll away.
I leased an XLT in'20, and it didn't have that, is it only in ST models?

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
It is on the newer models where Ford removed a bolt from the rear differential. My 2020 ST does not do it as the recall did not apply to it.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
It would only apply to 3.0L Explorers with the 1 bolt and those produced after the recall. The 1 bolt is strong enough for the 2.3L and 3.3L Hybrid so they recall wouldn't apply to them.

OP
Badrapp

Badrapp

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #10
It is on the newer models where Ford removed a bolt from the rear differential. My 2020 ST does not do it as the recall did not apply to it.
Thank you for the explanation!

OP
Badrapp

Badrapp

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #11
It would only apply to 3.0L Explorers with the 1 bolt and those produced after the recall. The 1 bolt is strong enough for the 2.3L and 3.3L Hybrid so they recall wouldn't apply to them.
Thak you for the explanation!