Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2022 ST Touch Screen Freezes ;-(

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hi everyone,

After waiting about 6 months for my ST to come in, you would expect that after laying down $60K+ for this SUV that everything would be in good working order... what the heck happened to the old Ford motto.. "Quality is Job 1"... I know I am dating myself... a bit disappointed with my purchase given that I am having issues with the touch screen.. just using the USB connection to play my songs and the screen freezes... even when playing songs via Pandora... only way to recover is to turn off the vehicle and re-start... I do a lot of highway driving... even the power button wouldn't shut off the screen.... the old power down reset procedure :) I have a service appt scheduled for Nov 3rd where Ford will run some diagnostics... does anyone out there in ST land have any insight on what the cause of this might be and more important, any fixes?

This will be the second visit to the dealership since I took delivery of my ST... the first time I had to return the vehicle there were white marks on the ceiling.. I currently have only 1200 miles...

Stay well everyone and thanks in advance...

K

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Glad to see another MA member. You'll be skiing soon enough!

I can't answer your specific question, but if you hold down the audio power button and the FF double arrow button at the same time for a couple seconds, it will reboot the whole system. See if that does anything.

This seems like the type of bug that gets worked out with an update at some point. There have been a few.

There's also a video in the current Sync 3 map update thread that shows how to get into diagnostics and other "hidden" settings. Not sure how involved you want to get.

Last edited:
OP
L
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Great info! Thank you for the quick reply, I'll give that a try!! Ahhh yes, hopefully the white stuff will be flying soon or temps get down to the snowmaking level...... double bonus to test out the ST in the snow :) .

Stay well,

Kevin

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Make sure you’re running the latest sync version. I would just plug in AA or CarPlay as well. Completely improves the experience.

OP
L
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Make sure you’re running the latest sync version. I would just plug in AA or CarPlay as well. Completely improves the experience.
Thanks for this recommendation, I certainly will make sure I am running the most recent version...

Sincerely,
Kevin

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Yeah I find the new Sync system absolute dog shit. It's slow to start up, sometimes at night it takes it 30 seconds to switch to night mode even though I have that enabled by default.
The touch keyboard is slow and often freezes when typing in addresses. If this is what $70k CAD buys you it's a joke.