Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2022 ST - Fender Liner Tearing Apart

mramella

Reactions
Hi Gang,

I did not see a post out here on the forum around this topic, so that I'd post this, just in case anyone else is having the same issue...

The left front fender liner on my 2022 ST has developed a tear in it. I also noticed the right fender liner is starting to tear, too.

I brought it into my local Ford dealership. They immediately looked at it and said, "Yep, we've seen this on other ST's." Luckily, it's fully covered under warranty.

Attached are a few pics, so that you can see what I'm talking about :)

The part numbers are:

Replaces OE Numbers: LB5Z16102C, LB5Z16102B, LB5Z16103C, LB5Z16103B

Replaces Partslink Number: FO1249204, FO1248204

Thanks!

Attachments

Rick

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Rapid Red
Looks like somebody has purposely pried them down … have you had it at any dealership being worked on? It’s odd that it’s on the same side front and rear and that the outher side is ok.

OP
M

mramella

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
You know, that's a very good point! I brought it to the same dealership a couple of months ago for routine maintenance (oil change and tire rotation). I wonder if they pried at the fenders when they rotated the tires... Not sure... I didn't notice the tears until a couple of weeks ago. Glad it's covered under warranty, although, the replacement fender liners are relatively inexpensive (~$100 each).

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
I see that this was posted awhile ago but my 2020 has developed the same issue. I called the dealer. They want $170 per side plus 50 each to install. Im wondering if there is an upgrade to prevent future issues. Any info on how you got it warranted would also be helpful.

Explorer ST Posts