Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2022 ST drop in dry filter

wallnut03

Reactions
I just purchased a 2022 Explorer ST and want to install a dry drop in filter. Was looking at getting an aFe 31-10215. I was just wondering if this filter will also fit the 2022 since it fits 2021? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank You

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I don't see why it wouldn't fit. The 22 is the same vehicle as the 20 and 21, just decontented from the previous year.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Should be the same. I bought the AEM DryFlow filter for my MY2020. Just recently cleaned it after 30k miles. They take so long to dry that i ended up buying another one just so i wouldn't have any downtime. just something to keep in mind for factoring if it makes economic sense. If i could do it again, i probably would just stick with factory filters.

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Seems like 30k might be a bit soon for needing a cleaning unless in really dusty conditions. Just sayin’. I have the AEM DryFlow in my 2018 Raptor for 68k miles without needing a formal cleaning. I do take it out and knock the dust bugs and seeds out of the pleats every 5k oil changes though.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Seems like 30k might be a bit soon for needing a cleaning unless in really dusty conditions. Just sayin’. I have the AEM DryFlow in my 2018 Raptor for 68k miles without needing a formal cleaning. I do take it out and knock the dust bugs and seeds out of the pleats every 5k oil changes though.
OK thanks! I didn't know when would be a good time. The clean side looked good, the dirty side probably just a good shake down like you mentioned.

OP
W

wallnut03

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Just for a follow-up I ended up ordering an AEM air filter for a 2021 Explorer ST and it did fit the 2022. Thanks for the help Screenshot_20220219-210808_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Reactions
Should be the same. I bought the AEM DryFlow filter for my MY2020. Just recently cleaned it after 30k miles. They take so long to dry that i ended up buying another one just so i wouldn't have any downtime. just something to keep in mind for factoring if it makes economic sense. If i could do it again, i probably would just stick with factory filters.
Just shake it off, use hair drier.
If it is a bit wet it doesn't matter, won't hurt anything.