Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2022 Production Start Date?

Reactions
I put in my order on October 18th and haven't heard a peep.

Reactions
My order went in on Oct 5 and I just got the email with VIN and production date last week (build week of Dec 20).
Absolutely wild. I received the order confirmation email from Ford on August 12th, and still have yet to receive VIN or build week.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Absolutely wild. I received the order confirmation email from Ford on August 12th, and still have yet to receive VIN or build week.
Did your dealer order it? What priority code is mentioned on your order form.

Reactions
Did your dealer order it? What priority code is mentioned on your order form.
I assume the order went in since Ford confirmed the order via email; sales guy has been checking for me when I request him to as well.

I asked them to bump the priority code up to a 10 from a 19. They were able to get it to a 12 - this was done back in early September.

Reactions
I assume the order went in since Ford confirmed the order via email; sales guy has been checking for me when I request him to as well.

I asked them to bump the priority code up to a 10 from a 19. They were able to get it to a 12 - this was done back in early September.
I had asked my priority code be bumped as well (was also a 10) but I don't think that was ever done. That's crazy that you ordered that early but don't have any other info yet.

Reactions
My order went in on Oct 5 and I just got the email with VIN and production date last week (build week of Dec 20).
Does that mean they will start slapping parts together on Dec 20th?

Reactions
I ordered on September 30th and have had 0 communication.

So you can request to have the priority increased? Wth?

Reactions
Does that mean they will start slapping parts together on Dec 20th?
I hope that's what it means for mine! I know others have production dates in Nov so I hope they start putting them together real soon. I've been without a car since July and can't wait to drive this thing!!!

Reactions
I ordered on September 30th and have had 0 communication.

So you can request to have the priority increased? Wth?
I ordered mine through a dealer back on 8/21. I kept asking the dealership after 7 weeks if they had an order confirmation or VIN for my 2022. They kept saying they didn't have anything and finally got the order confirmation from Ford back on 10/18. I know I probably annoyed the hell out of the sales guys, but I still have yet to receive a VIN or build date. :mad:

Ramairgt1

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
I ordered mine 10/26 and the dealership says its a priority 1. Does that mean its at the top of the priority list?

Reactions
I'm starting to think my dealership doesn't have a very good handle on things. I'd probably just move on from them, but I'm sorta stuck at the moment.

5 weeks and I haven't gotten an update or even confirmation.

Reactions
I ordered July 1st and have no vin #.

Reactions
I ordered July 1st and have no vin #.
Your order must have been for a 21? I don't think you could order a 22 at that time. I ordered my 21 end of July and found out in Oct that it didn't make the cut off. You should check with the deal to confirm that your order was accepted. You should get an email from Ford once they get the order and then update emails when it gets scheduled and so on.

Reactions
A 2021. That was later converted to a 2022
I would check with your dealer to make sure it got converted. Mine was not done automatically and I had to do a new order.

Reactions
I had no idea what priority code meant but I'm also a 19. Ordered end of August build date is Dec 6th.
If requested a priority code increase at this point I'm assuming it won't do anything?

Reactions
I had a production start date of 12/6 a few weeks ago. Now when I check the status I get TBD.
Super frustrating

Reactions
I had no idea what priority code meant but I'm also a 19. Ordered end of August build date is Dec 6th.
If requested a priority code increase at this point I'm assuming it won't do anything?
Correct. From what I understand, priority codes only apply to unscheduled orders; they are essentially your place in line at your dealership.

No notification yet. Hopefully mine gets scheduled today. Order confirmation from Ford in early August.