Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2022 Invoice Pricing

Reactions
Sorry if this has been posted already but could someone help me in determining invoice pricing on the following?

2022 - ST - RWD

* AZ - Star White
* 401A Package
* 65P Premium Technology Package
* 17U Second Row 35/30/35 Bench Seat

Thanks !!!

Reactions
Sorry if this has been posted already but could someone help me in determining invoice pricing on the following?

2022 - ST - RWD

* AZ - Star White
* 401A Package
* 65P Premium Technology Package
* 17U Second Row 35/30/35 Bench Seat

Thanks !!!
Does this help? It's a AWD though

Attachments

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Thanks but that's MSRP. I'm looking for invoice pricing.

Reactions
Don't know if this will help much, but on my 4WD build:

401A - $4995 msrp; $4695 invoice.
Premium Tech package - $1295 msrp; $1217 invoice.

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Indeed that did ..... Thanks !!

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I went and snapped a pic of my invoice, here you go.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Most dealers I've found Invoice pricing is MSRP. The worst ones are charging over MSRP :mad:

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
I went and snapped a pic of my invoice, here you go.
Yes ...... "I Bleed Blue" ...... that matches my invoice pricing as well.

So I ended up ordering an ST from a dealer in Idaho that was happy to sell at Invoice. That's about as close to the West Coast as I could find one that would do that..... but it wasn't like I spent an enormous time trying. Need to also ensure they aren't going to add dealer options or markups on the back-side once it arrives. Get everything spelled out in writing before you drop a deposit on them.

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Most dealers I've found Invoice pricing is MSRP. The worst ones are charging over MSRP :mad:
Unless you are willing to order and wait 3-4 months you aren't going to get any sort of "invoice" pricing. You understand that right ? At the end of the day the difference between "Invoice" and "MSRP" is around $2,500 give or take. To some maybe it doesn't matter. To me it's principle.....

Reactions
My fully loaded ST stickered st $58,650 and I was able to get $2750 off that price.

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #11
My fully loaded ST stickered st $58,650 and I was able to get $2750 off that price.
That's pretty much invoice pricing for sure. Nice job. Off the lot huh?

Reactions
That's pretty much invoice pricing for sure. Nice job. Off the lot huh?
No, I ordered it. Took five full months to arrive.

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #13
No, I ordered it. Took five full months to arrive.
Ah .... same as all of us here. I ordered mine on Jan. 26. Still not in production and just received an e-mail last week or so saying it'll be delayed. I'm in no rush so it's no big deal .....

Reactions
I'm up in Manitoba, so these figures are in CAD, but CarCostCanada is a great website that provides you with a PDF showing dealer invoice vs MSRP, the amount of holdback hidden in the price, current factory incentives, all financing options/rates available and even pricing guidance. It really is a fantastic detailed resource to work with when negotiating on a new vehicle. I'm sure there is a US equivalent, Unhaggle for example, but not sure if it is as thorough. This image shows the invoice vs MSRP pricing.

Attachments

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #15
I'm up in Manitoba, so these figures are in CAD, but CarCostCanada is a great website that provides you with a PDF showing dealer invoice vs MSRP, the amount of holdback hidden in the price, current factory incentives, all financing options/rates available and even pricing guidance. It really is a fantastic detailed resource to work with when negotiating on a new vehicle. I'm sure there is a US equivalent, Unhaggle for example, but not sure if it is as thorough. This image shows the invoice vs MSRP pricing.
Excellent source ...... can you tell me what is their holdback actually? Just curious. Thanks ....

Reactions
Excellent source ...... can you tell me what is their holdback actually? Just curious. Thanks ....
Oh, it is absolutely fantastic! Interestingly, there is no holdback amount mentioned in that report, so I am assuming it isn't built into the price of the Explorer, or more likely they add it into the markup but don't call it 'holdback' anymore. I'm not sure, all I can say is that it isn't mentioned.

Conversely, I was looking at pricing on Durango R/T's for my parents over the weekend and found that those have $700 in holdback mentioned on the report. So that's curious that Dodge has it but not Ford. Also found a higher markup on the Durango compared to the ST.

I always thought the Ford employee pricing event was bogus and just a gimmick, but I now actually think it is pretty close to true, as we got our 2020 ST a few years ago during that event for just under $60k CAD and it had an MSRP of ~$67k CAD at the time. Makes the purchase feel like a great decision in retrospect!