Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2022 Explorer ST vibration/rattle (video clips included)

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Forged Green
Hi all - i've been searching all the other threads I could find about this issue and it looks like there are potentially a few issues whether its the flex pipes or fuel line rattling but my issue is only happening (or very noticeable) at very low rpm or on idle. For example, when I put the car in drive but and before I apply throttle or just gently apply throttle, I will hear this very loud vibrating coming from underneath the car, mainly hear the middle row seats. (Loud enough that my kids ask what the noise is) It's very noticeable in the cabin, and can be heard from underneath the vehicle as well.

I tried to capture it from my phone and you can definitely hear it if you have the volume up (sorry for the messy interior and garage floor ) This is my car in park and idling in garage

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/JB0Pg1fp0Kc

Any ideas what this could be? Plan on getting it to the dealer but I'd like to have as much info as possible before I start dealing with them.

honhon

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Definitely sounds like something possibly rattling around… I’d start fine tuning where the sound area is and then start touching and knocking on stuff