Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2022 Explorer St - 400A or 401A

Reactions
Very nice bigcat1185. Just like the one I have on order. You must be in the Portland area with a larger Dealer. I'm in Southern Oregon. I'm working on just 2 months from order date. So, we'll see how it goes...
I live in Clackamas but use Northside Ford in Portland. Our dates bounced around a few times, it originally said May, but then bounced back to March which was nice. Where in southern Oregon are you?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Central Point. Butler Ford in Ashland.

Reactions
That is pretty deep. We go to Bend occasionally. I’m hoping Oregon can put together a ST meet this year.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
That is pretty deep. We go to Bend occasionally. I’m hoping Oregon can put together a ST meet this year.
That would be nice. Hopefully I'll have mine by the time everybody wants to get together.

blythkd

U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Good morning, I am new on this ST forum, but also have a '19 F150 Limited and '17 F250 Platinum, and am on those forums, so I am not new to "foruming". I just purchased a ST with the 401 and I will tell you IMO after getting used to the massaging seats/radar cruise, etc. in both of my trucks, I will never go back. For me, looking at the overall cost of ownership makes it easier to justify the extra expense.

Not a sermon, just a thought.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer Platinum
Hey everyone. Thanks for the information. Yeah, I am still up in the air on everything. Looks like my car and many others, could take some time to arrive. That's okay with me. I am in no rush. I am starting to ponder placing another order, minus the sunroof and tech package. That's over 3K of savings, and like I heard a lot, the larger screen isn't all that it's cracked up to be. I am pretty much settled on the 401A package now...I talked to my dealer the other day...he told me if I wanted to place another order, to do it sooner than later. Looks like Ford is playing catch up on past orders...could be awhile, which is fine.

Thanks again to everyone for chiming in.

Best,

Brian
I'm not sure why your dealer is advising you to place another order. I've got a 22 Platinum Super Duty on order and have made several changes to it without issue. I believe you can make any changes you want until it is scheduled for production. May shave a month or so off over placing a new order. Just a thought.

Explorer ST Posts