Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2021 ST Wiper Blade Replacement

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Bosch Icons for this camper.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Is it 26 and 21 or 22”. I keep seeing both. Looked in the manual and didn’t see anything.
26" and 21", 11" on the rear. By the way, the rear wiper blade doesn't come off the way my owner's manual describes it. It's a pull to the right until it clicks and then push/pull towards the front of the vehicle to take it off. The Bosch replacement blade was a simple snap-on like my manual describes.

Last edited:

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Owww...

Reactions
Hold on to the arm good and tight when changing the blade otherwise this might happen
This happened to me about 2 months ago.... beyond pissed that $60 wiper blade change (went with the icons and they're great) turned in to a $1000 windshield replacement.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
piaa silicone is the only way to go. icons suck.
There is nothing sucky about Icons unless you run them worn out. I view wipers as a consumable and change them every 12-18 months, silicone blades may go longer but then my oil and filters will too but I still change them frequently.

@Mekks082 Which of the PIAA blades are you running on the Exploder?

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
There is nothing sucky about Icons unless you run them worn out. I view wipers as a consumable and change them every 12-18 months, silicone blades may go longer but then my oil and filters will too but I still change them frequently.

Which of the PIAA blades are you running on the Exploder?
I installed PIAA Si-tech 97065A, and 97053A. I was just kidding about the icon remark. I have not had good luck with them in Colorado but I'm sure everyone's experience is different.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Hold on to the arm good and tight when changing the blade otherwise this might happen
That is why most install instructions recommend putting a towel down on the windshield when doing this.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
That is why most install instructions recommend putting a towel down on the windshield when doing this.
I’ve never done that in my life but will do that moving forward lol hell I’ll do two towels.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I’ve never done that in my life but will do that moving forward lol hell I’ll do two towels.
Me neither but it would be cheap insurance.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I installed PIAA Si-tech 97065A, and 97053A. I was just kidding about the icon remark. I have not had good luck with them in Colorado but I'm sure everyone's experience is different.
I asked because I quickly checked, Amazon, Walmart and AutoZone on the internet and they showed a no-fit, I assumed because of the packaged adapters. The catalog on PIAA's site doesn't list the latest model Explorers.

Last edited:
Reactions
Put some replacement Icons on the Wife’s last week. I’ve always had pretty good luck with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I asked because I quickly checked, Amazon, Walmart and AutoZone on the internet and they showed a no-fit, I assumed because of the packaged adapters. The catalog on PIAA's site doesn't list the latest model Explorers.
Yeah I ordered from amazon and took the risk of returning. The type A adapter works perfect. Was the same style adapter on my old 16 limited. As for the rear I ordered a Bosch that amazon said would fit but by looking at it I'm not sure. A281H

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
That's the right Bosch part. I just did one. You have to take the adapter off of the blade as it is packaged. It will look right then. As I mentioned a few posts up. The Bosch blade just snaps straight on. The one coming off does a 2-step to remove.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
From Bosch's site:

OE Specialty Rear (A281H)
Bosch Rear delivers the same look and feel as your vehicles rear blade.

Installation Type: Rear Type 1
Note: Remove Adapter
Position: Rear
Part Number : A281H

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
That's the right Bosch part. I just did one. You have to take the adapter off of the blade as it is packaged. It will look right then. As I mentioned a few posts up. The Bosch blade just snaps straight on. The one coming off does a 2-step to remove.
Sweet just pulled it off and it looked as I expected. Thanks boss.

Reactions
This happened to me about 2 months ago.... beyond pissed that $60 wiper blade change (went with the icons and they're great) turned in to a $1000 windshield replacement.
In Minnesota windshield replacement is part of our insurance and didn't cost me a dime to replace luckily.