Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2021 for 2022

Cruiser133

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Hey guys, I bought a 2021 last May and I was contacted by local dealer that I could get a 2022 and lower my payment pretty significantly. Has anybody else done this and is there any appreciable differences between the two? I have put a Turbosmart blow off valve, JLT Oil separator and ZFG tune on mine so not sure I am really interested but curious.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
There are several changes to the 2022 model on every trim level so make sure your getting exactly what you want in the 2022 model. In 2021 AWD was standard now that's extra, in 2021 a second row console was standard now that's gone.......just make sure its apples to apples.

That's odd it would be cheaper because there was price increase and incentives are few and far between now.

OP
Cruiser133

Cruiser133

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
So Ford removes stuff and charges more? Yeah probably some bullshit dealership tactic to get me back on their floor.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Maybe they want you to trade yours today and order one for future delivery? That way they’d have something to sell today, at a profit.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
For reliability sake, I’d look into it. The second row console removal is a good thing imo.
But definitely make sure it has everything you want! Because, they did change a few things around.

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
For some reason the Ford commercials here in LA are advertising 2021 models.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
They always lag behind. For the longest time after I placed my order for a 22, fords own website still showed 21s.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
Pluto TV has been running ads for the 2022 ST. Yes, just the ST, not a generic Explorer ad.

Reactions
Dont think ive ever seen one commercial on the new Explorers lol

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
They're not just showing the 21's, they actually mention they are 21's

Reactions
Funny thing is that the 2020s where the most expensive (before the year end programs. But I do have 4 bolts and a light in the glove box.

VUDU350

Reactions
Hey guys, I bought a 2021 last May and I was contacted by local dealer that I could get a 2022 and lower my payment pretty significantly. Has anybody else done this and is there any appreciable differences between the two? I have put a Turbosmart blow off valve, JLT Oil separator and ZFG tune on mine so not sure I am really interested but curious.
BOV has been deleted. Also, they decided to rivet somethings in place of screws, like when installing the Intercooler.