Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2021 explorer ST pass side mirror replacement

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 explorer ST
i had a body shop order the replacement mirror assembly from ford...and it is the wrong mirror...and they say the correct one is no longer avaliable. anyone know if this is fact or not?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Considering they still make the car and body shops need replacement parts…I highly doubt that’s a fact.
Plus LKQ has tons of them for less than Ford anyway.

OP
J
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Considering they still make the car and body shops need replacement parts…I highly doubt that’s a fact.
my insurance and the body shop have basically washed their hands of it...i need the one that has the red ST puddle light...part number and pic would be good to have

OP
J
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
my insurance and the body shop have basically washed their hands of it...i need the one that has the red ST puddle light...part number and pic would be good to have

OP
J
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
yeah the wrong one was 1000.00 i appreciate it..bit i need the right one...pass side

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
That is what is listed. The picture shows the same for the left and the right on Ford's site. It's obviously a misprint. That said, the link takes you to the right side according to the description on the page. The part numbers are of course different. It does have a footnote that says it doesn't fit vehicles for Gulf Cooperative Countries.

door mirror. rear view mirror. mirror head - right, outer (st).
Dual Power. Heated. Folding. Memory. Puddle. RD. Cam - Black
Part #: MB5Z17682MB

Usage: RH, Black, 08/30/2021 - 09/08/2023, Explorer 2020-, (-)"GCC"Gulf Cooperative Countries, ST Version, DU PWR/HTD/FLD/MEM/PUD/RD/CAM
Section: Exterior Rear View Mirror
Most parts available next business day.

Last edited:
OP
J
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
yeah..my bad...i clinked on something and it took me to left side....i will see what i can find !! i appreciate the help. not much help in the panhandle of TEXAS!!!!

OP
J
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 explorer ST
Thread Starter #9
so..that is the part number that was put on my car...and it is not correct...it is larger..longer...and does not have the ST puddle light...it has a big blue puddle light....it will bolt on...but not for the ST

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
By "no longer available", maybe they have the old part number. Ford revised the side mirrors late MY2021 that don't whistle at highway speeds.

OP
J
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 explorer ST
Thread Starter #11
i now have a 2021 ST with the red ST puddle light on ledt side...and a big blue/ white puddle light on the pass side...until i hopefully can find another one!! i do appreciate the help...i did come up with MB5Z-1762-YA...but i cant find a pic before i spend 1005.00

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
That's interesting as the description specifically lists it for the ST and mentions puddle light.

Asking a question here for any 2023 owner, have they done away with the ST light?

Last edited:
OP
J
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 explorer ST
Thread Starter #13
not sure..but i guess i will find out...i have old mirror still...may have to try and find parts to fix old one....need outside cover and the motor. doesnt do well when you get your mirror clipped by a uhaul truck mirror!!!

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
That's interesting as the description specifically lists it for the ST and mentions puddle light. Asking any 2023 owner, have they done away with the ST light?
I have the red "ST" puddle light on my 2023 ST

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
not sure..but i guess i will find out...i have old mirror still...may have to try and find parts to fix old one....need outside cover and the motor. doesnt do well when you get your mirror clipped by a uhaul truck mirror!!!
Can you swap the puddle lights old to new?

OP
J
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 explorer ST
Thread Starter #16
Can you swap the puddle lights old to new?
no..old is rectangle style...new are round first thing i thought of

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
How about a salvage yard. They can get pretty much anything.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Ebay has a lot of mirrors listed for the ST. It would take some time and messages with the sellers to find the correct one. But I'm sure they would have one. Good Luck.

Last edited:
OP
J
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 explorer ST
Thread Starter #19
someone posted a link or picture of new puddle light...i cant find that post! i would like to try and change the puddle light on my new mirror to the red ST if that option is avaliable!!

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
someone posted a link or picture of new puddle light...i cant find that post! i would like to try and change the puddle light on my new mirror to the red ST if that option is avaliable!!
Going by the picture in post #5, the Round Puddle lamp is larger than the old Rectangular Puddle lamp with ST logo, you should be able to remove the Round Puddle lamp gut it and use it as a mount for the ST logo puddle lamp.

ST Mirror.jpg

Last edited: