Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2021 Explorer ST Headlights

OP
bill0754
Reactions
Thread Starter #81
lol exactly this. All the wood trim, and just overall styling. Definitely screams “retired”. I’m sure the quality is top notch though. Definitely for me though.
The one I have had the free upgrade from wood to engine turned aluminum. So less retired looking inside. Yes the front end screams Lincoln, the side and rear look more Range Rover. And quality is incredible. The doors shut with a solid thunk vs the hollow sound my ST had.

STmtn

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Sorry to get back on subject… (btw… your car looks very nice). Anybody price replacement headlights yet? Make sure you take care of them. Yikes

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
The one I have had the free upgrade from wood to engine turned aluminum. So less retired looking inside. Yes the front end screams Lincoln, the side and rear look more Range Rover. And quality is incredible. The doors shut with a solid thunk vs the hollow sound my ST had.
That’s awesome! Glad you’re enjoying it. Regarding your post about plugging it in. I read it offers around 18 miles electric driving. How does that work? Does it just do it’s first 18 miles of electric then switches to ice?

OP
bill0754
Reactions
Thread Starter #85
The electric mode is pretty seamless. When I first start out in the morning heading to work, it is all electric as I am only going no more than 35 mph. However, if I am heavy footed, it will kick in the ICE engine. There are also modes you can use. If I want to only use the electric range, I can select "EV Only" and the engine won't kick in unless I press OK on the steering wheel. Or, if you select "Excite" mode, the engine remains on and electric mode assists with power. And finally, there is a "Preserve EV" mode that will only use the first 25% of the battery, then the engine comes on.

Reactions
So is the electricity to charge it free?

OP
bill0754
Reactions
Thread Starter #87
Well, it can be. There is a charger right by my work that is free. I use my home outlet in the garage. Since my first month, I only noticed a $15.00 change in my power bill. So it is way less expensive than premium fuel, which has now hit $4.00 a gallon here.