Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2020 ST - Rear Camera Alignment / Calibration issue

Playgrnd

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Appologies in advance if this is covered somewhere. I have spent the past hour searching and I have not seen anything on this perticular issue.

Problem: when vehicle is in reserve I don't have any camera outages like many others however the camera alignment identicators on the screen to identify when your rear bumper is nearing an object or to display when you are nearing the edge of the lines on the ground for the parking spot is off by at least 1 foot over where it should be. If I place the vehicle in drive and use the front camera button the 360 view is correct and I can pull forward back to the adjust the vehicles position. Obviously this is a problem when reversing and using the rear camera for alignment. I can see objects clearly but would be nice for the indicators to be properly aligned. I verified the lens position and it seems centered in the rear housing. Issue started after Ford applied a recall and they are saying they can't go back to the previous version.

Is this a known issue and is there a hidden collaboration menu on the screen that would allow me to resolve the alignment problem and possibly recalibrate the rear indicators?

Thanks everyone.

Reactions
Hey there, I have the same issue when using the 360 degree camera, the side cameras are completely out of alignment compared the the frontal and rear ones. Reported this to Thorncrest Ford in Toronto and they said “no defect found”
I haven’t seen many owners reporting this tho! I also checked the physical alignment of the 4 cameras but they seem to be perfectly solid. IMG_0760.jpeg

SeanColin

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Appologies in advance if this is covered somewhere. I have spent the past hour searching and I have not seen anything on this perticular issue.

Problem: when vehicle is in reserve I don't have any camera outages like many others however the camera alignment identicators on the screen to identify when your rear bumper is nearing an object or to display when you are nearing the edge of the lines on the ground for the parking spot is off by at least 1 foot over where it should be. If I place the vehicle in drive and use the front camera button the 360 view is correct and I can pull forward back to the adjust the vehicles position. Obviously this is a problem when reversing and using the rear camera for alignment. I can see objects clearly but would be nice for the indicators to be properly aligned. I verified the lens position and it seems centered in the rear housing. Issue started after Ford applied a recall and they are saying they can't go back to the previous version.

Is this a known issue and is there a hidden collaboration menu on the screen that would allow me to resolve the alignment problem and possibly recalibrate the rear indicators?

Thanks everyone.
I have this issue and have reported it to the dealer. It's gotten better but it's still an annoying issue.