Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2020 Explorer ST dead

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hey everyone I could use some help. I have a 2020 Explorer ST 80k miles on it. Providing this info for more context: Recently I have been having some water leak issues in the back headliner where i suspect water builds during heavy rain because it was dumping out the back ac vent during a heavy rain day. I suspect its the roof rails. Also alot of water builds up on the inside front windshield and all of my windows fog constantly to the point I have to drive with the defog on always. Sometimes water also appears on the driver side floor mat dead center but i dont see any leaks.
Yesterday, I came home from work and shut my ST off. The engine kept running and would not turn off. When I turned the car back on i had a wrench “see manual” message that appeared. I could not get the engine to turn off unless i took the keyfob away from the car and shut it off wothout the fob inside. I turned it back on after that an drove it for a min and tried to turn it off normally again same issue. Had to remove the fob. TODAY when I go to get in my car for work it was totally dead. Wouldnt unlock or even respond to the key fob or the ford pass app. Not even a flicker of lignt. I manually unlocked it with the key and it was totally dead nothing inside worked not even the door panel buttons and it would not start.
Im not sure what is going on but I suspect maybe the water issues messed up
Something electrical somehow. I didnt catch any moisture in the fuse boxes so I am not sure.
Any help would be appreciated
Edit: the day it wasnt shutting off i also tried to scan for codes and it had NO codes. Odd

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Did you get a "No Key Detected" Message at any time ?

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
The water issue is going to cause a ton of issues most likely electrical. Also check your battery