Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2020 Audio System

MSF

U.S. Navy Veteran
EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Anyone else have their audio system just stop working? No satellite radio, no AM/FM, no Bluetooth audio no nothing. Tried the various reset options with no luck. Almost 4 years of trouble free operation and now no audio. It’s at the dealer so I guess I’ll find out tomorrow what it is.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Do you know what SYNC version your on? 22251 caused a lot of issues..

OP
M

MSF

U.S. Navy Veteran
EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
I’m on the latest SYNC. I had no problems with 22251 .

OP
M

MSF

U.S. Navy Veteran
EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Dealer says it’s a bad audio control module. Ordered with up to 3 weeks for delivery.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Yeah, I remember someone else with the same symptoms and ACM failure. Did you have an extended warranty?

OP
M

MSF

U.S. Navy Veteran
EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
Dealer called today. Part is finally in. They can install it today. I drop off the car Around 11 am. Get a call at 3:30. Car is ready and all working again? That would be NO. After all that waiting for the part and several hours of waiting today….. they were sent the wrong part!!!! . So back to the parts waiting game we go. Not having a radio sucks.

OP
M

MSF

U.S. Navy Veteran
EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
Dealer called yesterday. Correct part is in. Should be done today right? Wrong! New part installed but still no audio. Dealer says we are waiting for a call from Ford engineering. Maybe tomorrow they will figure it out.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Any Trouble codes?

OP
M

MSF

U.S. Navy Veteran
EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #10
No trouble codes. Got the car back today. Still no audio. The dealer is awaiting word from Ford engineer.

OP
M

MSF

U.S. Navy Veteran
EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #11
Ford and their dealers don’t communicate very well. I had a long chat on the computer with Ford yesterday. They basically told me that the dealer should fix my car. Then they wanted me to try all the reset options. I tried to explain to the friendly customer service guy, who is not based in the USA , that the car had been to the dealer twice already. Ford says the dealer got the right part. Dealer says Ford sent the wrong part. I’m in the middle with a car with no radio for a month. This will be my last Ford. They are basically telling me to find the solution.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Im sorry to hear you have that problem.
I think that the pandemic-era QC, coupled with the newness of the platform, has you in a bad place.

It is possible that your unit is part of the shifting sands of model changes.
For example, mine is a late March build date, which means I should have a Bypass Valve on my hot charge pipes (Until 9/21 builds), but I do not.
There are ST's with "deletes", and others not, etc.

I would find out what part they're trying to replace, and grab the part number from the actual unit. Then, if it doesnt match Ford's expectation, you have the proof.
If Ford has the wrong info, they will always give the dealer the wrong part.

OP
M

MSF

U.S. Navy Veteran
EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #13
Ford service SUCKs! I am now over a month with no audio system. The dealer insists they are receiving the wrong parts and have had an email in to Ford engineers. I have tried contacting Ford by phone and chat with them saying there’s nothing they can do and I have to contact the dealer. Dealer says I have to contact Ford. Totally unacceptable! This is my fourth and LAST Ford!