Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2015 Explorer XLT Off Road Help

yambag021

Reactions
Vehicle
2015 ford explorer xlt
Hello,

i just bought this last night. i want to be able to take it on a beach (brigatine cove in nj). nothing crazy, but the road from the steet to where everyone parks is sketchy. I've been on the fb page for the beach and the feedback is mixed on explorers work. the consensus is they will make it, you just cant drive like a moron.

this is what i'd be driving from and to, it's about a 1/2 tops. the pic looks like it's paved/smooth, that's some google maps line. sand is soft, there will probably be some tracks i can follow (or are tracks bad)? i shared a pic of the beach itself, but the road getting there is deeper for sure.

i'm looking primarily for tire suggestions (new tires or will stock work?), suggestions on compressors to buy so i can air down and air back up, and anything else is welcome!

cove.JPG
beach.JPG

Reactions
I knew that area back in the 80's and yes your Explorer will do fine. I have driven both my old 2013 Taurus PI and my 2017 PIU on similar material here in in my patrol area and never got stuck, just drive with due care and you should be fine.