Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

20-22 differences

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Went through the exact same thing earlier this year when I picked up my '21. I didn't dive deep enough into the forum before I purchased so you're doing more legwork than I thought to. I was fortunate with not missing anything like '22's are having issues with and love the vehicle so far. The middle captain seats are incredible, much preferred over the bench for my needs. The heated windshield would have been nice with colder weather but she stays inside so small thing I didn't even know I missed out on.

The rear diff 'issues' is only thing that sits in the back of my mind. A good brace will be going on when I do the FMIC and tune here shortly. Biggest thing for me was color and options I know I wanted. So much is standard on newer it was great step up from my '17 Fusion Sport.
I LOVED the performance of my 2017 FuSpo. That thing was pretty damn fast with just a 93 tune (as fast as a stock 2017 mustang GT). But that thing sucked with a bunch of dumb little issues. Typical Sync 3 deep sleep issues that would drain the battery and that grey interior was terrible.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
I LOVED the performance of my 2017 FuSpo. That thing was pretty damn fast with just a 93 tune (as fast as a stock 2017 mustang GT). But that thing sucked with a bunch of dumb little issues. Typical Sync 3 deep sleep issues that would drain the battery and that grey interior was terrible.
Oh my god...the grey interior killed me. First thing I looked into was trying to swap it...and just more intensive than I wanted. I knew I wasn't alone on that lol. Yeah it was so much fun seeing people reactions on the highway with how powerfully that tune with the intercooler made her.

Reactions
so this might be the right place to ask, have they fixed any of the cluster lag or sync bugs in the 23s?

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Sync is a hot topic and seems to vary from person to person. I didn't have too many bugs before update and now it seems to be smoother. Of course I put that out in the universe we'll see what happens now lol.

Cluster is always laggy to switch and doesn't bother me all that much...when i'm in a mode I stay there usually. Again I think that varies a lot driver to driver.

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Sync is a hot topic and seems to vary from person to person. I didn't have too many bugs before update and now it seems to be smoother. Of course I put that out in the universe we'll see what happens now lol.

Cluster is always laggy to switch and doesn't bother me all that much...when i'm in a mode I stay there usually. Again I think that varies a lot driver to driver.
I think we are spoiled by smart phones that generally react very quickly. So I tend to agree with you, it is about perception

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
so this might be the right place to ask, have they fixed any of the cluster lag or sync bugs in the 23s?
The one on our 2020 Sync was never laggy at all. Drive modes were a little laggy but otherwise Tyan that.

OP
O
Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer St
Thread Starter #27
Went through the exact same thing earlier this year when I picked up my '21. I didn't dive deep enough into the forum before I purchased so you're doing more legwork than I thought to. I was fortunate with not missing anything like '22's are having issues with and love the vehicle so far. The middle captain seats are incredible, much preferred over the bench for my needs. The heated windshield would have been nice with colder weather but she stays inside so small thing I didn't even know I missed out on.

The rear diff 'issues' is only thing that sits in the back of my mind. A good brace will be going on when I do the FMIC and tune here shortly. Biggest thing for me was color and options I know I wanted. So much is standard on newer it was great step up from my '17 Fusion Sport.
appreciate the feedback. just got a call from my dealer and working on some numbers to go ahead with buying a '22- mainly cause im impatient and they got one in EXACTLY to my specs- minus the massaging seats.... first world problems... we will see what they come up with!.