Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

10.1” head unit

DLip

Reactions
Hey guys wondering if somebody could shed some light on this. I’m trading in my 2020 ST for a 2022. Obviously cars are tough to come by right now and with the car I want and other options this model has that big ass iPad… frankly prefer the smaller model that was in my previous vehicle. Anybody out there on the mechanic side now if those are just Mallex connections in the back and can you go to a smaller screen?

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I think there was a post around here that showed someone switching it. Will see if I can find it. Big screen is nice to me. Even if under utilized.

Last edited:
OP
D

DLip

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Just so damn big-but I guess I’ll get used to it

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just so damn big-but I guess I’ll get used to it
Certainly subjective but I think you’ll get use to it. I know I have. Bigger screens are the thing moving forward so it at least fits in there.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Damn I’d almost want to go the other way. Better use of screen for CarPlay…such a waste with vertical screen setup IMO…

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Damn I’d almost want to go the other way. Better use of screen for CarPlay…such a waste with vertical screen setup IMO…
How much of a difference is it really between the two? Agreed ford did an absolute shit job with it. Guess they figured people would just use the stock navigation system which is full screen and in that case, is superior than the small screen. They were lazy and didn’t bother updating for applications like CarPlay/AA

kezell17

Reactions
Vehicle
22 ST
I dont mind it that much. It would be better if they would move the icon for apple play to under the map. I think that would give it a better look.