Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

1-off exhaust system complete

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Started with SPD downpipes and built the whole thing with 304 stainless 3” mandrel bends, Vibrant resonators and Magnaflow mufflers. Took me and a buddy about 10 hours start to finish. D88B7037-B38B-42C3-929B-1AEFE6D14FBA.jpeg AFB9E57C-F52E-481D-9AF7-2B9B31406F3E.jpeg 8CDBABA6-A178-49ED-9CAA-526A1F694E9D.jpeg 18084826-2953-403F-8AED-EF32A48D0C54.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I tried to get a decent launch but it shook the tires on the 1-2 shift.

Attachments

Reactions
That sounds really good.

Great work.

How is the noise level?

Sch0227

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Started with SPD downpipes and built the whole thing with 304 stainless 3” mandrel bends, Vibrant resonators and Magnaflow mufflers. Took me and a buddy about 10 hours start to finish. View attachment 2721 View attachment 2722 View attachment 2723 View attachment 2724

Where did you get this done at? I’m in TX as well and looking for the same thing

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Where did you get this done at? I’m in TX as well and looking for the same thing
I built it with a buddy.

Reactions
I built it with a buddy.
Do you think if instead of 2 mufflers at the end it was 2 resonators you would get any noticeable difference in power? Obviously it would be louder. Just curious

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #11
None at all. Everything I put in is 3” straight through. There’s nothing baffled...it’s all as open as a straight pipe aside from the internal X in the main muffler.

Reactions
None at all. Everything I put in is 3” straight through. There’s nothing baffled...it’s all as open as a straight pipe aside from the internal X in the main muffler.
I've been keeping up with your build and I spoke with a guy who does custom work near me. He says he can do aluminized pipe custom for about $600 behind the downpipes. What's the drone like on your setup? I like the idea of having a 3" setup and spending a little less in case I want to bolt the stock stuff back on to sell/trade at some point. Was curious what your thoughts are since you seem to be quite knowledgeable on this stuff.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #13
There’s no drone at all but there is some increase in volume when driving. I’m about to do a CLD/CCF/MLV treatment to the rear and hatch to knock that down.

Reactions
There’s no drone at all but there is some increase in volume when driving. I’m about to do a CLD/CCF/MLV treatment to the rear and hatch to knock that down.
Thanks for the response. What are your thoughts on the aluminized vs the stainless pipe? The guy I spoke with said that the only difference woulld be longevity and that 10 years life expectancy in the south was reasonable. Does the 3" pipe help with lag, power, etc?

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #15
Aluminized would be fine in the south but the key is using mandrel bends. A 3” system done at a normal shop with crimp bends would effectively be about a 2.5” system....basically a waste of time IMHO. And I always subscribe to the bigger is better theory with boosted applications....especially turbos. 3” may be overkill for these things but overkill is better than too small.

Reactions
Aluminized would be fine in the south but the key is using mandrel bends. A 3” system done at a normal shop with crimp bends would effectively be about a 2.5” system....basically a waste of time IMHO. And I always subscribe to the bigger is better theory with boosted applications....especially turbos. 3” may be overkill for these things but overkill is better than too small.
are you the same person from the focus ST forum?

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #17
are you the same person from the focus ST forum?
Nope. Not on any Focus forums. I’m on a local Houston ST/RS FB group but that’s it.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Very nice system.

Reactions
Do you mind sharing part numbers?
I want to do a custom 3" setup as well.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

NewportST

Reactions
GREAT sounding kit! wonder how the mags would sound on a resonator delete? also, what part number magnaflow mufflers did you use?