Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

zfg tune stock tune upload help

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer
So i downloaded the stock tune via app, but i cant seem to verify if the tune was uploaded. Looks like it may have failed the first time and it made another tune file called restore. When i click on the restore file it shows RDT+ status: ready along with TDN status: ready. However when i click the file that says read its only shows the RTD+ status complete but TDN status not found. Every time i click upload button it seems to fail. I have perfect internet, so not sure whats going on. Any help would be appreciated. - Dan

LokiWolf

Reactions
So i downloaded the stock tune via app, but i cant seem to verify if the tune was uploaded. Looks like it may have failed the first time and it made another tune file called restore. When i click on the restore file it shows RDT+ status: ready along with TDN status: ready. However when i click the file that says read its only shows the RTD+ status complete but TDN status not found. Every time i click upload button it seems to fail. I have perfect internet, so not sure whats going on. Any help would be appreciated. - Dan
Contact Adam@ZFG. He will get back to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chaseg08

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
My baseline read file on the TDN app reads "Restore-buncha numbers". I think it's titled "restore" so you know that's the factory tune you pulled and that way you can rewrite that in the event you want to return to factory tune. .

Reactions
Vehicle
21 Explorer ST HPP
Not sure about iOS but if you're using an android with the TDN app it's been really unreliable so far. I have an S22 Ultra and I've been trying to get my stock file to Adam for a week going back and forth with HPtuners support. I had the same issue where it would read my tune and show up in my list but everytime it would try to send the file it kept failing saying to make sure I have a good internet connection. I tried 3 different networks with no change in results. Today I was told the version 1.6.2 update is out and to install it and try again. Now since the update my MPVI3 won't connect at all because it says I need to allow location permissions. When I go to permissions it says no permissions denied so I've sent screenshots and infologs to HP support. Hoping for a resolution soon.

Jwbreeding

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
I know this is super old but did this ever become an issue? The only reason I ask, I got mine today did the stock read via the TDN app. Stated read and upload complete but I also don't show a green checkmark and says restore. Its very confusing and just want to make sure I'm not missing something. Ready for this baseline tune and revisions!

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I know this is super old but did this ever become an issue? The only reason I ask, I got mine today did the stock read via the TDN app. Stated read and upload complete but I also don't show a green checkmark and says restore. Its very confusing and just want to make sure I'm not missing something. Ready for this baseline tune and revisions!
At the end of the process did the TDN app tell you to turn the ignition off, wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on? That is the last thing it does when you have uploaded a tune and it has gone through. If it hasn't done that, I would try again.

Also, it's a bit annoying, but I have found that holding my phone down very close to the rtd/mvpi unit while it is connecting and read/writing helps. Your arm will probably fall asleep by the end of the upload, but I had mine fail a few times at first because I was leaving my phone in the dash mount and I guess the bluetooth signal isn't the strongest on these hptuners units. Once I held the phone down near the unit, worked like a charm.

And you should definitely be able to tell when your tune is on vs stock. The car will feel totally different. Also, you can look at the dashboard and see if the D in the gear display has changed to the number of the gear you are in for normal mode, or in sport mode the gear number will display in the center of the tach instead of D.

Reactions
sadams
sadams is correct in what he said about the Bluetooth strength. When I upload I'm inside the vehicle windows up ALL accessories off. I put the phone on my thigh and wait for the flash to complete. One thing on the gear selection showing the gear number instead of D, be sure the runner turned that feature on. With custom tunes like ZFG it's your option. I elected to not have that feature so mine shows D when in drive and only shows the gear number when I'm in manual mode. Don't forget the strong internet connection. It is a must.

Jwbreeding

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
At the end of the process did the TDN app tell you to turn the ignition off, wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on? That is the last thing it does when you have uploaded a tune and it has gone through. If it hasn't done that, I would try again.

Also, it's a bit annoying, but I have found that holding my phone down very close to the rtd/mvpi unit while it is connecting and read/writing helps. Your arm will probably fall asleep by the end of the upload, but I had mine fail a few times at first because I was leaving my phone in the dash mount and I guess the bluetooth signal isn't the strongest on these hptuners units. Once I held the phone down near the unit, worked like a charm.

And you should definitely be able to tell when your tune is on vs stock. The car will feel totally different. Also, you can look at the dashboard and see if the D in the gear display has changed to the number of the gear you are in for normal mode, or in sport mode the gear number will display in the center of the tach instead of D.
Everything ended up being good. This was for the stock calibration read not writing a tune. So, there was no turning off ignition on/off. But in the end with that stating uploaded but no check mark mark, it was good to go. Tune is all complete. Adam was super quick with baseline and revision's. Very happy with the tune.