Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ZFG tune: RTD or MPVI2?

Reactions
So I just got my secret squirrel email to get setup with a ZFG tune...

In it(and his website) all signs point to the package getting the RTD(I have no tune device so I have to purchase something)... I went on HP Tuners website to see what the cost difference was if I got an MPVI2(I have a few other cars I could use it on) vs. the RTD and the RTD is not even on their website anymore. Their "vehicle list" shows the Explorer ST as having "note 2" which says "only works with MPVI2" and no mention of RTD, which is odd because several tuners are using the RTD on these cars...

Is the RTD even available anymore? I could have sworn it was on their website a few months ago.

If so, was the base cost of it any different than an MPVI2?

I remember reading the original email from maybe a month ago that also said it would default to an RTD but you could upgrade to the MPVI2 for a little bit more money and maybe another day or two of lead time...

It seems straight from HP Tuners an MPVI2 plus 4 credits is $499, add in ZFG tune cost and the price matches... I thought the RTD was cheaper by $50 or something from the MPVI2...

Im just trying to get my ducks in a row before spending a bunch of money and wishing I had "upgraded" to an MPVI2 over an RTD since I think I can personally get more use out of an MPVI2 with other vehicles I own(corvettes).

Reactions
So I just got my secret squirrel email to get setup with a ZFG tune...

In it(and his website) all signs point to the package getting the RTD(I have no tune device so I have to purchase something)... I went on HP Tuners website to see what the cost difference was if I got an MPVI2(I have a few other cars I could use it on) vs. the RTD and the RTD is not even on their website anymore. Their "vehicle list" shows the Explorer ST as having "note 2" which says "only works with MPVI2" and no mention of RTD, which is odd because several tuners are using the RTD on these cars...

Is the RTD even available anymore? I could have sworn it was on their website a few months ago.

If so, was the base cost of it any different than an MPVI2?

I remember reading the original email from maybe a month ago that also said it would default to an RTD but you could upgrade to the MPVI2 for a little bit more money and maybe another day or two of lead time...

It seems straight from HP Tuners an MPVI2 plus 4 credits is $499, add in ZFG tune cost and the price matches... I thought the RTD was cheaper by $50 or something from the MPVI2...

Im just trying to get my ducks in a row before spending a bunch of money and wishing I had "upgraded" to an MPVI2 over an RTD since I think I can personally get more use out of an MPVI2 with other vehicles I own(corvettes).
Honestly, I would be asking [mention]ZFGracing [/mention] he will point you in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Talked to Adam via email and got squared away.

Just had to order the tune only and then go onto a different part of his site and order the MPVI2 and 4 credits. He setup his standard "package" to default to the RTD. I have a few others cars I can use the MPVI2 with so decided to go that way instead of the RTD. Price was the same.

Reactions
I think I may be having the same issue. Adam sent me an RTD but when I plug it into my Surface it's asking me to please plug in an MPVI.

Any idea how I fix it?

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
I think I may be having the same issue. Adam sent me an RTD but when I plug it into my Surface it's asking me to please plug in an MPVI.

Any idea how I fix it?
Same issue as what?