Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ZFG 93 tune and vehicle inspection

Reactions
Is there any reason to worry about a vehicle inspection while running a 93 tune? Never had an issue in my Mustang but figured I'd ask.

Reactions
Is there any reason to worry about a vehicle inspection while running a 93 tune? Never had an issue in my Mustang but figured I'd ask.
The tune was emmisons tested, and establishes reasonable basis that it is not altering the emmisons output. It is also in the process of CARB EO approval. So it should not but an issue in anyway, however I can not make any promises as local and state regulations vary.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Reactions
In Texas... Not a chance you will have issues.

As long as all your readiness monitors are set you will pass... I think you can actually have 1 or 2 that arent set and still pass.

Reactions
Could you just reload your original factory tune for the inspection? I just received my registration renewal today after loading my custom tune for the first time a couple of days ago, so I'm interested in this too.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions
Could you just reload your original factory tune for the inspection? I just received my registration renewal today after loading my custom tune for the first time a couple of days ago, so I'm interested in this too.
Not sure how Colorado works, but you most likely just need to make sure readiness monitors are set. Takes a few drive cycles to reset after flashing, battery disconnect, etc... you can usually read them with a code scanner. I have an OBD-MX bluetooth scanner and use their free phone app...shows readiness monitor status.

Only people who MIGHT have issues are the Cali people since Cali has said they are going to interrogate the ECU and make sure you have the factory flash on it. Not sure when this bit of genius is going to start. Guessing if you dont have the factory flash, but what you have is CARB certified, you just show them your stuff and be on your way.

Reactions
The tune was emmisons tested, and establishes reasonable basis that it is not altering the emmisons output. It is also in the process of CARB EO approval. So it should not but an issue in anyway, however I can not make any promises as local and state regulations vary.

Are we to expect it to pass in California soon?? Fingers crossed!!!

Reactions
Don’t think I have to worry about that in Canada hopefully when my number comes up.

Reactions
Don’t think I have to worry about that in Canada hopefully when my number comes up.
There is no wait list or the Explorer you can order directly from the website.

Reactions
Nope, no worries up here in any province. As long as your monitors are set, they don’t check for anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
There is no wait list or the Explorer you can order directly from the website.

Well duh is me! I will get right on it then! Thanks Adam.

skooty

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
In Texas... Not a chance you will have issues.

As long as all your readiness monitors are set you will pass... I think you can actually have 1 or 2 that arent set and still pass.
Apologies for the ignorance, but does this mean a tuned ST will not pass inspection or that it will be fine? I just moved to TX and am considering a 93 tune. Thanks!

Reactions
No, unless you have a CEL. It will pass Texas emissions/inspection perfectly