Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ZFG 91 Octane tune

Chaseg08

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Not that this forum needs another praise for Adam/ZFG...I was able to get out this weekend between snow storms and enjoy the ST with my 91 octane tune from ZFG. Performed my first data log and sent that in yesterday. Just the baseline tune is a huge difference from stock. The one-two and two-three shifts are pretty hard and I broke loose going into second just about every hard launch. Good stuff from ZFG. I'm very happy so far.

OP
Chaseg08

Chaseg08

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #2
Also, I did everything through the TDN app on my iphone and it worked flawlessly. Great directions.

OP
Chaseg08

Chaseg08

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Filled up with 12 gallons of 91 and 6 gallons of e85 @70 percent ethanol just to see how the e30 feels. Right when I got home my first revised tune came through and I loaded her up. I'm as excited to drive to work as I normally to ride my motorcycle to work. And Fyi, anyone waiting on their tune or revision, I spoke with Adam today and he let me know he is very busy right now and working hard to get through it all.

Reactions
I'm all caught up now!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Reactions
A question.. In my area the best gas is 91 Ethanol free from Shell. Will this work with a ZFG 91 tune?
It will but you are better off with 89 e10 vs 91 e0

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Ok, Thank you, good to know. Your tune will be one of my mods in the near future.

OP
Chaseg08

Chaseg08

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Wrote my second revision and I continue to be impressed. Awesome job, Adam.