Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

WTForscan

RandomPilot

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Sooooo just ordered an OBD EX cable for Forscan and started doing some digging around here and the Forscan forum and I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m about to have ZERO idea how to use Forscan. Besides not knowing what I can change, I do know I want to use Bambi mode, get rid of the double honk. Besides that, no clue….
Any input and suggestions are welcome. Thanks

Reactions
It’s not that tough. Check out YouTube. There’s some pretty good tutorials in there. It’s best to stay in the “as built” area too. Much easier and straight forward.

OP
RandomPilot

RandomPilot

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
It’s not that tough. Check out YouTube. There’s some pretty good tutorials in there. It’s best to stay in the “as built” area too. Much easier and straight forward.
alrighty, thanks bud

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
LOL - in same boat as you. I've read and lurked on the forscan forum, threads here, and watched videos. About to start F'ing with things on the ST real soon o_O

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
This video is from a F250 owner but the steps to enable/disable things are exactly the same. Some of the usual stuff that ppl change are Disabling FENG, Disabling dbl honk, Bambi mode. I’m sure there are a few more but can’t think of them atm.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
This is another very helpful video. Step by step process.

OP
RandomPilot

RandomPilot

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
I tried to figure out the turn signal bump frequency today, Changing it from 3 flashes to 4, but I couldn't find anything for the 2022 ST on any spread sheet

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Sooooo just ordered an OBD EX cable for Forscan and started doing some digging around here and the Forscan forum and I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m about to have ZERO idea how to use Forscan. Besides not knowing what I can change, I do know I want to use Bambi mode, get rid of the double honk. Besides that, no clue….
Any input and suggestions are welcome. Thanks
I felt the same way when I decided to use it first time. Just like anything else you realize its all in being new. Like others said, YouTube and there are a couple great threads on some features you can tweak. My next one is the rear mirror tilt. This was the page I used and has a bunch of great information:

https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0yl-Fqa3Gnjh8m0K-1vadEHiA#FORScan_Ford_Explorer_11-23MY

Good luck!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I tried to figure out the turn signal bump frequency today, Changing it from 3 flashes to 4, but I couldn't find anything for the 2022 ST on any spread sheet
Same, I was hoping to change the 3 flash to 5 flash but couldn’t. I saw it done on the F150 & was hoping to be able to do it as well.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Same, I was hoping to change the 3 flash to 5 flash but couldn’t. I saw it done on the F150 & was hoping to be able to do it as well.
Its not available for our generation of Exploder.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I felt the same way when I decided to use it first time. Just like anything else you realize its all in being new. Like others said, YouTube and there are a couple great threads on some features you can tweak. My next one is the rear mirror tilt. This was the page I used and has a bunch of great information:

https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0yl-Fqa3Gnjh8m0K-1vadEHiA#FORScan_Ford_Explorer_11-23MY

Good luck!
Be careful I think there are calibration issues with our generation of explorer.

HFH1924

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I have reached out earlier about the options available to change with Forscan. Am very interested for someone with the availability to make changes to my 2022 Explorer in the central Illinois area. Will travel and compensate.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I have reached out earlier about the options available to change with Forscan. Am very interested for someone with the availability to make changes to my 2022 Explorer in the central Illinois area. Will travel and compensate.
What changes are you looking to do? It’s extremely easy to do. I was very nervous myself and put it off for months. Just did it a few weeks ago and was very straightforward.

OP
RandomPilot

RandomPilot

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #14
Whatcha need done man? I'd be happy to do it step by step with you on FaceTime

HFH1924

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Would like to definitely like to delete FENG and auto stop. Also is there a list of the items we can change. The 3 flash to 5 flash was discussed in prior post, not available for the 2022's ?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Last I had heard, disabling auto stop through Forscan wasn’t permanent. They stated the next time they turned their cars on it was back. But it doesn’t hurt to try. & if it stays disabled maybe it’s changed for the 22s. Let us know if it does stay disabled, cuz a lot of ppl hate the auto stop feature. Also the double honk is a popular thing to disable.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Would like to definitely like to delete FENG and auto stop. Also is there a list of the items we can change. The 3 flash to 5 flash was discussed in prior post, not available for the 2022's ?
blinker flash change is not available on the ST as well as the auto stop. there is an OBD port tool that can turn off the auto stop when left plugged in or it can be tuned out

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Last edited:

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Last I had heard, disabling auto stop through Forscan wasn’t permanent. They stated the next time they turned their cars on it was back. But it doesn’t hurt to try. & if it stays disabled maybe it’s changed for the 22s. Let us know if it does stay disabled, cuz a lot of ppl hate the auto stop feature. Also the double honk is a popular thing to disable.
It is possible, that if that person also made other updates to modules AFTER the FORScan changes, the As-Built changes were over written by the previously stored data on the "Ford Cloud"

This may or may not be the case, but it was a thought I had