Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Wireless Android Auto/Carplay Using Entire Vertical Infotainment Screen?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Probably a long shot, but does anybody here use a wireless Android Auto/Carplay adapter like magic box or ottocast? I can't tell from any videos because we seem to be the only ones with screwed up infotainment screens that only use 1/3 of the space for Android Auto, but if you use one of these does it take over the whole screen or still just cram everything into that tiny ass box in the top 1/3 of the infotainment display?

I don't even use the display anymore, I just leave it on home screen and installed a phone mount with a wireless charging base and just use waze off of that. Also let's me actually read a text and not just the first 5 words of it. But I would really love to be able to use Android Auto or even some bastardized version of it in the full screen. But before I drop $200+ on one of these adapters I wanted to be sure it wouldn't just be more of the same.

Thanks!

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
AA wireless won't change the screen display.
But there a number of adapters less than 100 bucks.

i8iridium

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
The magic box or ottocast is only going to use the same space that android auto/carplay will use, so it'll be tiny. That's why I swapped my 10" screen to the 8" screen. At least there's better utilization of the whole thing.

Reactions
The magic box or ottocast is only going to use the same space that android auto/carplay will use, so it'll be tiny. That's why I swapped my 10" screen to the 8" screen. At least there's better utilization of the whole thing.
How much did that swap cost you, and is the backup cameras and Apple CarPlay noticeably larger in the hidden screen?

i8iridium

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST

Explorer ST Posts