Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Winter wheels and tires - and do I have Street Pack?

matw

Reactions
Hi folks -

2020 ST and I believe I have the Street Pack (see photos) - 275/45 R21 110W tires all round. Can anyone confirm this is Street Pack? I query it because a guy at the dealer looked it up and told me it was just standard ST.
IMG_2907.jpeg
I’m going to be doing a few miles this winter so want to switch to winter tires. When I go to Tire Rack or Discount Tire and select the street pack option, it says there are no wheels available. Can anyone shed any light on this? I’d really like to buy tire/wheels as a package as I have space to store and have a lift to easily replace wheels. If anyone know specs of some that will fit, please let me know. I’ve seen the references to police spec but not a fan of the look, they seem expensive and I’m not clear that they fit street pack.

Many thanks for any help!

Mat

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
It’s the Street Pack. You can run wheels as small as 18’s and yes the PIU wheels clear the brakes if you decide to go that route.

OP
M

matw

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
It’s the Street Pack. You can run wheels as small as 18’s and yes the PIU wheels clear the brakes if you decide to go that route.
Thanks. I am not a fan of the Police wheels. I’d be happier with 19 or 20” wheels but not sure how to find some that fit.

OP
M

matw

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Would these work? I’m a bit confused because when I try to shop winter tire and wheel packages it says (Tire Rack and others) that there’s nothing available, but somehow when I shop them “manually” it seems to say that they are compatible. IMG_0170.png

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Just to be sure that you have the Street Pack, I would look at the rear rotors and make sure they are vented rotors like the front. Anyone can put those wheels on and paint the calipers red. Either way, I would say that any 20" wheel that fits the standard ST should also fit the ST with the Street Pack brakes.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Just to be sure that you have the Street Pack, I would look at the rear rotors and make sure they are vented rotors like the front. Anyone can put those wheels on and paint the calipers red. Either way, I would say that any 20" wheel that fits the standard ST should also fit the ST with the Street Pack brakes.
If you want to be sure, check your door jam vin plate and load sticker, they should list the original rim and tire sizes.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Y’all do know it’s a totally different front caliper as compared to the base brakes, right? Nobody’s painted that red…it’s the Street Pack.

OP
M

matw

Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Yeah I’ve had the car from new and it hasn’t been modified, so it must be street pack

OP
M

matw

Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Thanks. Are you certain that’s true that any wheel that fits standard would fit street pack? If so, why do the dealers’ website have plenty of options for standard but none for street pack?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
As long as you do a search on Tirerack with Explorer ST with street pack, they will guarantee fitment.

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thanks. Are you certain that’s true that any wheel that fits standard would fit street pack? If so, why do the dealers’ website have plenty of options for standard but none for street pack?
I would call to be sure before ordering online from any wheel place. I did run a quick check on Tirerack and for a 20" wheel there are 127 wheels available whether I chose standard ST or with Street Pack.

H

Ho Chi Mane

Would these work? I’m a bit confused because when I try to shop winter tire and wheel packages it says (Tire Rack and others) that there’s nothing available, but somehow when I shop them “manually” it seems to say that they are compatible. View attachment 19515
Our site [and the others] use vehicle data to compile tire and wheel packages that meet all the specs of your vehicle. For instance, when I was shopping for 18x8 wheels, TR's tire results were "no results", and that's because none of the tires that would fit had a speed rating equal to the stock max speed the ST's can go. Therefore, "no results". It can be frustrating, but also, why would a tire that is rated for 118mph be sold to go on a vehicle that can go 140mph? When you use the tire and wheel package function, it's looking for wheels that are 1:1. Once you start manually entering in sizes it opens up to wheels with different offsets, require spacers. new lug hardware, etc.

Explorer ST Posts