Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Winter wheel swap

Reactions
Picked up the new 2021 Carbonized ST this morning at Ted Green Ford in Stockbridge, VT and had these FC04 wheels and Hakka SUV3’s mounted with mud flaps by noon at Precision Motorworks, Bethel, VT! A great experience, and what a great ride!! I could not believe how heavy the stockers were when they were racked in the garage...

Attachments

Dave G ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Sorry, like those stock wheels better. They also come with Michelin tires, which in my opinion are the best brand of tires.

Reactions
Sorry, like those stock wheels better. They also come with Michelin tires, which in my opinion are the best brand of tires.
This post confuses me? Regardless of whether or not Michelin makes good tires, the ones that come with the factory wheels are terrible in the snow. The Hakka 3's will run circles around the stockers. And usually the whole point of winter wheels is that they're cheaper and therefore a person doesn't care as much when they get beat on by grime, gravel, ice and salt.

Roots

Reactions
Very Nice. I have the same FC04 in Black. Installed them when I got the beast last winter. I have Blizzaks and zero complaints up here in MTL. Check my post and pics on here somewhere....? We Love VT bro...

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Those will be my Summer wheels and tires!

Dave G ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Sorry guys, I didn't even read the title. My fought. Anyways, here in Maryland swap not necessary. Just traded my black 2017 Explorer XLT for a white 2020 ST.

Zoar Road

Reactions
Very Nice. I have the same FC04 in Black. Installed them when I got the beast last winter. I have Blizzaks and zero complaints up here in MTL. Check my post and pics on here somewhere....? We Love VT bro...
what tire size did you go with...I'm thinking abut doing 18"

Explorer ST Posts