Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Will these fit? AR949 on street pack ‘22

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
That 5x4.5 is your wheel hub bore, which is the bore of the lug nuts.

OP
I
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 iconic grey ST
Thread Starter #3
K, i knew that but why does it say 5x5 also???

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
That 5x4.5 is your wheel hub bore, which is the bore of the lug nuts.
That is incorrect. The 5x4.5 is the lug pattern bolt circle diameter. The 5 is for a five lug and the 4.5 means the lugs are spaced equally in a circle measuring exactly 4.5" in diameter. And the 5x5 is the wheel is available in that pattern also.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
That is incorrect. The 5x4.5 is the lug pattern bolt circle diameter. The 5 is for a five lug and the 4.5 means the lugs are spaced equally in a circle measuring exactly 4.5" in diameter. And the 5x5 is the wheel is available in that pattern also.
That’s also partly incorrect. lol
5 lug bolt patterns are measured from the outside of one hole to the center of the 2nd hole (skip a hole). In our case that’s 114.3mm or 4.5”. For 4,6 and 8 lugs it’s measured straight across from center to center and is the actual circle diameter. 5 lugs are weird.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
OP…that wheel will be a horrible fit on an ST. It will sit WAY too far inboard.

OP
I
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 iconic grey ST
Thread Starter #8
OP…that wheel will be a horrible fit on an ST. It will sit WAY too far inboard.
Ok thanks for clarifying. Can i run spacers to correct that?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Ok thanks for clarifying. Can i run spacers to correct that?
You could but why? Find a wheel that fits right to start if you’re going aftermarket. Unless it’s for a winter tire only you should be looking in the 10-10.5” range at +30

OP
I
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 iconic grey ST
Thread Starter #10
You could but why? Find a wheel that fits right to start if you’re going aftermarket. Unless it’s for a winter tire only you should be looking in the 10-10.5” range at +30
Yes this is for Blizzaks. Was gonna go with the steel interceptors at first, now weighing options.

Please correct me if i’m wrong. Doesnt a (stock)9” wheel with 40mm offset have more tire width both ways than an 8.5” with 30mm?? Or am i missing something?

Last edited: