Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Will ForScan do this?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I would like to:

1. Be able to type an address into Waze while driving. (Says keyboard access is limited)

2. Access front camera at slightly higher speed (sometimes I park in a hurry)

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I have played a bit with forescan on mine, and I don't think there was a way to overwrite the camera at higher speeds. I gotta look for that one.
I am pretty sure you can set to type in an address even when moving. That is stupid annoying they do that even for passengers. I dunno if thats an android auto block or truck one. The truck address screen I think you can overwrite, but if its Waze with Android Auto, I think thats a block in AA and not the truck.

OP
techmattNC
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
I have played a bit with forescan on mine, and I don't think there was a way to overwrite the camera at higher speeds. I gotta look for that one.
I am pretty sure you can set to type in an address even when moving. That is stupid annoying they do that even for passengers. I dunno if thats an android auto block or truck one. The truck address screen I think you can overwrite, but if its Waze with Android Auto, I think thats a block in AA and not the truck.
I’m on iOS, and from what I’ve seen the typing limitation is a manufacturer restriction. That’s why I was hoping ForScan could take care of it.

My other car has a JVC head unit, and I can type in Waze (CarPlay) at any time.

I can try to use the voice search, but it’s annoying when trying to pronounce an address that has a weird name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
That shows some promis. I remember seeing the type while drive setting somewhere. I'll go out today and take a look. If I find it, i'll shoot you the setting.