Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

WIFI reception?

Reactions
How is your Explorers WIFI reception? My SYNC3 screen is freezing, flickering and jumping around. Since the local Ford shop didn't get it looked at today they recommended I let the car stay connected to WIFI for the night so it can update all it wants. Well to get it to connect to WIFI I have to set the MIFI box in the car, 10 foot away in the house behind a window isn't close enough.

Reactions
The first day I had mine I setup the WiFi without any issues. I have 2 access points in my house for the camera system so no problem with connecting to the internet. I let it do it's thing overnight and now have a happy SYNC 3 system.

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Reactions
Just goto the Owner Site and use USB or CyanLabs and use USB. SO much quicker and easier. Less likely to get hung up. Plus Ford releases updates to the Owners site WAY before over the air.