Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Who's been using the Auto Hold feature?

Reactions
It's hard to go back to holding the brakes with your foot after you've started using this feature.
2020-ford-explorer-st-agate-black-metallic-30.jpg

merco

Reactions
Yes! I use this all the time. It's not new in vehicles. I had this feature back in 2007 in a BMW X5 M and I got used to using it then. My personal standard operating procedure is to use it always. Except if I'm stopped and pedestrians are crossing in front of me. Or I'm first inline at a red light with cross-traffic in front. Then I put my foot on the brake as a back-up.

Reactions
this is the 1st vehicle I have owned with this feature. I love it. Us it all the time.

Reactions
I love it but gotta remember I don’t have it in my other cars

Last edited:

Jaypee

Reactions
What is it for? I've seen it but haven't used it.

Reactions
You push the button and it will automatically hold the brakes when you're at a red light or any place where you have to stop for long periods of time. Once you step on the gas pedal it disables the feature.

Reactions
Yes! I use this all the time. It's not new in vehicles. I had this feature back in 2007 in a BMW X5 M and I got used to using it then. My personal standard operating procedure is to use it always. Except if I'm stopped and pedestrians are crossing in front of me. Or I'm first inline at a red light with cross-traffic in front. Then I put my foot on the brake as a back-up.
Good point on the backup plan. I’ll be doing that too now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Great feature just make sure you turn it off at the car wash. It stops the whole track.

merco

Reactions
Great feature just make sure you turn it off at the car wash. It stops the whole track.
I tested my ST this weekend at the carwash with Auto Hold engaged. This is what I found: When shifting into neutral with Auto Hold engaged a warning in the main screen and chime sounds that says "Select M to confirm stay in Neutral Mode" If you then push the "M" button then you'll get a caution message saying "Stay in Neutral Mode Engaged" and the Auto Hold is deactivated. See photos.

The carwash guys I use must be used to vehicles with Auto Hold because they follow-the alerts without me telling them to do so. It would probably be a best practice to Dis-Engage Auto Hold just to sure.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
Use it all the time, I just always have to remember my truck doesn’t have it.

STarwhite

Reactions
It's like the brake in a golf cart you press it and let off the pedal and it holds the car press the gas and you go.

Reactions
Helped me out a few times but largely don’t use it or fully trust it.

hbalek

Reactions
I leave this feature on at all times and love it but when I drive another vehicle without it I have to remember not to let off the brake and let it roll... OMG it happens all the time!

KegsBdry

Reactions
Love this feature, unless slowly pulling into my small garage parking spot. Then it's a choir.

Explorer ST Posts