Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

FND Whipple Intercooler

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Looking for Whipple Intercooler to purchase local, Houston area.

Reactions
Got with Ultimate Performance intercooler instead 100% made in American and 100% hand welded. Same 70*F drop as whipple.

OP
Cajun Heat

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Got with Ultimate Performance intercooler instead 100% made in American and 100% hand welded. Same 70*F drop as whipple.
How much$ and do you have it on your ST?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Lethal Performance or Whoosh Mororsports will have the Whipple in stock. Whoosh also has the Ultimate but that thing looks like it was welded by a child.

OP
Cajun Heat

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Lethal Performance or Whoosh Mororsports will have the Whipple in stock. Whoosh also has the Ultimate but that thing looks like it was welded by a child.
Thanks @UNBROKEN .

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I actually work closely with Alcoa and several other metal suppliers. We manufacture industrial insulation systems with aluminum and stainless jacketing…and I have to have all metals PMI tested by a 3rd party inspector so yea…I know a thing or 2.
I don’t personally know who casts Whipples end tanks or what core they use…But I’d venture a guess that neither do you. I do know that their welds are actually professional looking.
And yes…the Ultimate parts look like a kid welded them. Sorry if you don’t like my opinion…but you’ll live. Oh…and the Whipple doesn’t cover the entire radiator…not even close. 4DD79C2A-4D0F-4AB2-BD1D-CB194560E6FC.jpeg 03320F2E-11C4-4127-B02B-EFE52E3C8D69.jpeg

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
It’s really a great fit it doesn’t cover the radiator like whipple so even a bigger plus! (y)
I would not recommend Chinese manufacturers steel compared to US, CAD, EURO steel. Just take a magnet to real stainless ss and it won’t stick but most Chinese ss does have a magnetic conduction 9/10 times.
409 is “real” stainless steel and is slightly magnetic. I’ve never seen 304 from any source a magnet would stick to…but again I have all my product PMI’d.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
With the Whipple you can leave the grille shutters installed, if that matters to you.

Reactions
I actually work closely with Alcoa and several other metal suppliers. We manufacture industrial insulation systems with aluminum and stainless jacketing…and I have to have all metals PMI tested by a 3rd party inspector so yea…I know a thing or 2.
I don’t personally know who casts Whipples end tanks or what core they use…But I’d venture a guess that neither do you. I do know that their welds are actually professional looking.
And yes…the Ultimate parts look like a kid welded them. Sorry if you don’t like my opinion…but you’ll live. Oh…and the Whipple doesn’t cover the entire radiator…not even close. View attachment 10624 View attachment 10625
the beads look better quality than a micro bead weld on whipple. It coves just about 70% of the radiator and the Ultimate covers less that 50% so the radiator would still have enough air flow to operate without having increasing temps.
It has a garret core is high quality far from any quick manufacture Chinese intercooler.
So you still deal with Chinese stamped aluminum? Or you buy US aluminum?
why wouldn’t you advice a customer on here about the issues of Chinese aluminum vs US aluminum??
Are you sponsoring whipple due to deals made with them when a group purchase happen?

Reactions
With the Whipple you can leave the grille shutters installed, if that matters to you.
That defeats the purpose of intercooler… why ford did that is bizarre for a sport suv. Even a air ram underneath is useless on f250 when you running a v8 on highway what would save you 1-2 mpg?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
The radiator coverage of the Whipple has zero effect on coolant temp…even for those of us that have seen 160+ pulls and tons of racing on 100+ degree days. In fact you won’t find a single incident of the Whipple causing any cooling issues…because it doesn’t exist. You’re just pulling shit outta thin air because you like this other cooler. It’s also the most proven IC on the market for these things and is in use on literally every one of the fastest ST’s out there. From what I’ve seen the Ultimate doesn’t perform any better and costs the same. I’d go with the proven option.
Your other comments are about as off base as your exhaust comments. lol

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
How much fiberglass is in each intercooler? That's the real question. I hear it's a health hazard.

And why would anyone want to watch CHUCK? I mean Shazam was decent, but I'm not a big Zach Levi fan.

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Hey everyone this is a wtb thread. If you want to debate products please start a new post.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Every fast ST on the planet is running the Whipple. It’s proven itself to work phenomenally well.
Well except for Daren but he’s never posted a time quicker than an 11.5 so I don’t know that I’d consider his fast anymore…he had a custom IC built.
To me 11.5 is still fast. Forgive me asking but who is Daren, I'm curious. Mine is stock so I guess I'm pretty slow. 93 octane is almost non existent around here and even 91 is about 72 cents a gallon more. Kind of sucks.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
@Dale5403 Maybe you can move your post #15 to a new thread. I think many of us would like to discuss that build outside of just Whipple intercooler info. As for the OP, it's probably doubtful you'll find someone who has an intercooler just sitting around gathering dust and it's too bad your thread got sidetracked.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
@Dale5403 Maybe you can move your post #15 to a new thread. I think many of us would like to discuss that build outside of just Whipple intercooler info. As for the OP, it's probably doubtful you'll find someone who has an intercooler just sitting around gathering dust and it's too bad your thread got sidetracked.
I can do that.

OP
Cajun Heat

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #20
Closed as I found one.