Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Whipple Intercooler

Reactions
We currently have a 2022 Explorer ST on order and have a few questions on a possible intercooler and cold air intake. At my age of 60 I have lost my need for speed but still like sporty Ford vehicles that will last me until about 200,000 miles, we currently still have our 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium that we ordered and received in late 2013 with Megnaflow exhaust, Steeda cold air intake and a 3D Carbon ground effect kit with 115,000 for my everyday work car and the wife will get the ST:rolleyes::LOL::LOL: . We live in south Florida and with the hot almost year round temperature what is the opinion of adding the Wipple intercooler and a cold air intake just to prolong the life of the engine and a little sound effect? 2014 Fusion2_LI.jpg 2014 Fusion2_LI.jpg 2014 Fusion2_LI.jpg 2014 Fusion2_LI.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Do it…

Reactions
…..

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Finally got the Whipple today! Getting it installed next week. I experienced the 'heat soak' issue with the OEM one on the DC Beltway and it was not cool (pun intended). It just decided it was not going to accelerate b/c it was too hot. Whatever! :)