Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What torque wrench would you recommend?

Reactions
Looking to get a new torque wrench since mine broke. Any recommendations for a good one?

Reactions
Mine is a Carlyle t ha t I got from Napa. It goes up to 250ft lbs. I bought it for my f350 dually that I traded in for my ST. I can't remember what I paid for it, but its certainly cheaper than the Snap on, Mac, and Matco ones. The one I have works great, but I don't use it all that much, only when I need it

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reactions
I'm sure there are waaaay better ones out there, but I've had a harbor freight one for about 6-7 years and it still works fantastic.

Reactions
Brand doesn’t matter if you don’t keep your torque wrench calibrated.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
harbor freight

KegsBdry

Reactions

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Got a inch pound and a foot pound Craftsman's been using for years. Got a 3/4" drive 250 foot pound monster bought at harbor freight that I bought for suspension work.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I have several different Snap-On wrenches, I’ve had one for 30 years and send them in from time to time to get calibrated. They are pricey but amazingly they send you a certificate of before and after calibration. Mine has never been off more than a lb. on the 1/2” wrench.