Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What to look for when tuning my new Explorer St.? Im in San Antonio here...

DazeGreen

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer St 3.0
Hey guys just wanted to know where I may take my new F Explorer ST. Here in San Antonio Texas? I wanted to get it tuned but didn't know if it's possible to do without voiding the factory warranty. ad you can tell I'm pretty new to this stuff... any advice is greatly appreciated to get me started with what I need to get rolling faster! Thanks for yalls help and God Bless!

Reactions
no need to take it anywhere. ZFG Racing is arguably the best and it's done remote via HP Tuners device.

If you are worried about a warranty then don't tune it, end of story.

OP
D

DazeGreen

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer St 3.0
Thread Starter #3
Hey thank you so much for the info! Take care!

monstertuned

Vendor
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Hey @DazeGreen

Congrats on your ST, purchase. I'm actually located here in San Antonio, however our Adapt-X maps don't require any dyno time. They preserve ford factory octane learning as well and can handle 87-93 octane like the stock tune and even blends up to e20 if you want to mix in 2-3 gallons of e85 to a full tank for an extra kick. The tune scales power based on fuel quality. Where did you buy your ST? we usually get a lot of referrals from red mccombs ford.

All the shops in town will reccomend our ecoboost tuning as well "JMS Racing, Elite performance, The Lab, Lethal Performance Texas"

https://monstertuned.com/products/Explorer-ST-c125097445

There are some reviews on our tune in our vendor sub forum, all customers are very happy with the results.

Explorer ST Posts