Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What to do with your order after you move on?

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
I got my in production email in November. Then crickets.. Between then and now I landed something that I really like.
I never canceled my order. But have pretty much written it off at this point.
Well, got the built notification email this morning.
It’s got a delivery eta of 5/15-5/22.
Should I buy it anyway and flip it? I am getting a good deal.

*please spare me your hate.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Up to you. Dealer will absorb the vehicle if you do not purchase.

Reactions
I got my in production email in November. Then crickets.. Between then and now I landed something that I really like.
I never canceled my order. But have pretty much written it off at this point.
Well, got the built notification email this morning.
It’s got a delivery eta of 5/15-5/22.
Should I buy it anyway and flip it? I am getting a good deal.

*please spare me your hate.
What color and options? Thanks! Jim

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
What color and options? Thanks! Jim
Carb gray, street package.

Last edited:

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
I'm sure if you don't buy it the dealer won't have any issues finding another buyer.

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
And just because it's built....and has an ETA...doesn't mean it will EVER come around that time frame! Mine has been built since 14 March. I've had 4 ETA "windows".....come and go.....come and go....come and go. There's no end in sight. No one knows when/if they'll actually ship the thing. It could be Christmas by the time it gets here? Ok, slight exaggeration? Maybe..........

Bottom line, UNTIL IT GETS THERE....the "fat lady aint sang". As in, you have a bird in the bush, not in the hand. I'd keep blowing it off ....and maybe some month it will show up and then you can figure out what you want to do. I've basically given up on mine..............

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
148006BE-67CC-45F2-94F0-89B035EC02D6.jpeg
And just because it's built....and has an ETA...doesn't mean it will EVER come around that time frame! Mine has been built since 14 March. I've had 4 ETA "windows".....come and go.....come and go....come and go. There's no end in sight. No one knows when/if they'll actually ship the thing. It could be Christmas by the time it gets here? Ok, slight exaggeration? Maybe..........

Bottom line, UNTIL IT GETS THERE....the "fat lady aint sang". As in, you have a bird in the bush, not in the hand. I'd keep blowing it off ....and maybe some month it will show up and then you can figure out what you want to do. I've basically given up on mine..............

Fat lady is warming up on deck. it’s already on its way to the dealer.
Id be super excited right now if I didn’t just blow my load on a new Volvo.

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
View attachment 12014

Fat lady is warming up on deck. it’s already on its way to the dealer.
Id be super excited right now if I didn’t just blow my load on a new Volvo.
I'd be a TINY bit happier if mine would actually ever ship. But when we ordered an F350 for my wife last year, that took OVER A MONTH....to get to the dealer....once it shipped. It sat in a railyard in Altlanta for exactly one month....sitting there....waiting for a truck to come get it. So even once they ship mine, I know this sad saga won't be over. I just wish I could find something else I liked to put this sad saga behind me. I'm so flippin' tired of this BS.................and NO explanation from Ford. Just ETA windows that come and go, come and go, come and go. IF only one could drive up to Chicago and get their built two month old car and have possession of it...............

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
I'd be a TINY bit happier if mine would actually ever ship. But when we ordered an F350 for my wife last year, that took OVER A MONTH....to get to the dealer....once it shipped. It sat in a railyard in Altlanta for exactly one month....sitting there....waiting for a truck to come get it. So even once they ship mine, I know this sad saga won't be over. I just wish I could find something else I liked to put this sad saga behind me. I'm so flippin' tired of this BS.................and NO explanation from Ford. Just ETA windows that come and go, come and go, come and go. IF only one could drive up to Chicago and get their built two month old car and have possession of it...............
I know the feeling. I ordered a Bronco well over a year ago. Ended up canceling and ordering a maverick to hold me over. Ordered an ST too. Maverick came in 6 weeks. Ended up flipping the maverick and buying a new Volvo. Couldn’t be happier.
181820F9-1F7B-4645-8243-BC0F0541B89E.jpeg

JBStrums

Reactions
Frustrating for sure. Mine sat at the ATL railyard for 3 weeks. Dealer said they couldn't find drivers to go get them. Turned out after many calls, my salesperson called and had it brought up the next day. I dunno? Weird times.

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Frustrating for sure. Mine sat at the ATL railyard for 3 weeks. Dealer said they couldn't find drivers to go get them. Turned out after many calls, my salesperson called and had it brought up the next day. I dunno? Weird times.
Glad it worked out.

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #13
Got confirmation email that my ST is at the dealership. Let me know if any of you are interested. Otherwise it’s going to the dealerships lot.

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #14
Annnnd, it’s gone. Chapman sent a semi threatening letter about how they were going to sell it if I didn’t make arrangements.
1653692355268.gif

Reactions
Annnnd, it’s gone. Chapman sent a semi threatening letter about how they were going to sell it if I didn’t make arrangements.
Funny how you're expected to wait on Ford, but Ford won't wait for you.

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #16
Funny how you're expected to wait on Ford, but Ford won't wait for you.
Right? Sorry to make YOU wait

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Well... there's always Volvo.

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #18
Well... there's always Volvo.
Kinda glad it worked out the way it did. The S60 is turning out to be great.
EB7ACC25-1748-4F07-B48C-AB5CED3AE946.jpeg