Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What should I monitor?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 exSt
Sorry guys I’m new to the ford performance world and out of the loop on a lot of things. I used to tune a lot of diesel trucks and there were certain things we knew to watch for to make sure you were not doing damage to your truck(boost, trans temp and egt were the big ones) With that being said does anyone have a good list or screenshot of what they are monitoring with like a torque OBD app? Specifically what and why it’s important to keep up with in a tuned eco boost. I’ve looked all over this forum and haven’t found much at all. Also…is anyone aware of an app that can use apple car play to get the gauges and parameters on your app to show up on your factory console screen? Thanks in advance

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Pretty much nothing…just like diesels. Nobody has time to watch a gauge at WOT anyway.
One of my diesel trucks made over 1000hp and close to 90psi…never once looked at a gauge when running it hard.

OP
JohnnytooLong
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 exSt
Thread Starter #3
I agree at WOT but for example you could set it up to read min/max egr and then look at it after the pull. So trans temp, efr, boost or nothing needs to be monitored to make sure your not exceeding threshold's being pushed by the tune?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I have a P3 gauge in the car that reads basically anything you could ever want…I rarely even look at it anymore. I leave it on coolant temp just to make sure the car is warmed up before I hammer on it…which is a holdover habit from my diesel days.
Realistically the car is smarter than any of us watching a gauge…it’ll pull itself back before it gets hurt. Or at least throw a warning light at you.

OP
JohnnytooLong
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 exSt
Thread Starter #5
I love the factory look of those p3 gauges. I just hate to spend $300-400 on something you don’t end up even looking at :ROFLMAO:

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.

OP
JohnnytooLong
Reactions
Vehicle