Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What is done with the Preferred Plus service at purchase?

Kirk ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
HI all,
I just got my ST and paid for the extended warranty and also picked up the preferred plus package. Basically it covers paint chips, door dings, and rim repair/replacement. I live in Western PA which has some horrible potholes (that ate a rim on my last car...) It seemed worth it to keep the car looking nice from the road and curb wear that can happen.

I had to bring it in a few days later though for some sort of exterior and interior treatment. The best I can understand is that it was some sort of sealant or detailing. Anyone here know what exactly they did and what should I expect from that? They had it a few hours.
thanks!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer ST
South central PA here the whole states roads suck…. Ummm I think that’s a dealership thing isn’t it, where they put a coating on the exterior to help prevent paint damage. Did they also do the interior as well?