Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Dave G ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Put on some 'ST' valve stem caps.

Reactions
Front window tint completed

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Reactions
Added matt-black lettering on the back for a very subtle difference that stands out.
1620935822076.png

Reactions
Added red letters to the sides...
1620937779283.png
1620937875749.png

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I quite like the sides. Here's to hoping those letters will stick to those plastic rockers. May I ask where you got the letters?

Reactions
Mine was picked up by the dealer to try and fix all the snags. Here's hoping!

Reactions
I quite like the sides. Here's to hoping those letters will stick to those plastic rockers. May I ask where you got the letters?
Got them last year on ETSY. Do a search for TVDVinylDecals. Only time will tell if they will last and hold up to the elements and normal washing regimen. But for now, I think these minor little details help fill my modding bug ;).

Reactions
Got them last year on ETSY. Do a search for TVDVinylDecals. Only time will tell if they will last and hold up to the elements and normal washing regimen. But for now, I think these minor little details help fill my modding bug ;).
Little off topic, do you recommend winter tires for this vehicle? I had them on my previous car, just never had all wheel drive and with the weight didn’t know how well it handled.

Reactions
Little off topic, do you recommend winter tires for this vehicle? I had them on my previous car, just never had all wheel drive and with the weight didn’t know how well it handled.
Depends on where you live and your lifestyle... I'm a firm believer that if you have extreme winters and hot summers you need dedicated tires regardless of all-wheel drive. The tire compounds of all season tires don't give you the grip you need in extreme cold or extreme hot conditions, as compared to a set of winter tires for winter and summer tires for summer. I've swapped out wheels and tires every spring and again in the fall for too many years and cars to count. If all my travel was short distances on flat local roads that are well maintained without any family to consider... then I would probably be good with all-seasons. Especially during the winter in icy, hilly conditions you just can't beat a dedicated winter tire setup. I've had winters on a front wheel drive car and was in total control passing by others stuck on the side of the road because they thought they were invincible with all-wheel drive or 4wd... (not understanding that the tires make all the difference). Just my two cents :)

Reactions
Depends on where you live and your lifestyle... I'm a firm believer that if you have extreme winters and hot summers you need dedicated tires regardless of all-wheel drive. The tire compounds of all season tires don't give you the grip you need in extreme cold or extreme hot conditions, as compared to a set of winter tires for winter and summer tires for summer. I've swapped out wheels and tires every spring and again in the fall for too many years and cars to count. If all my travel was short distances on flat local roads that are well maintained without any family to consider... then I would probably be good with all-seasons. Especially during the winter in icy, hilly conditions you just can't beat a dedicated winter tire setup. I've had winters on a front wheel drive car and was in total control passing by others stuck on the side of the road because they thought they were invincible with all-wheel drive or 4wd... (not understanding that the tires make all the difference). Just my two cents :)
Thanks for your two cents. You make some good points. At the end of the day, I would rather be the person still driving past than being stuck in the snow. I have had winters for the past two vehicles one rwd and the next front wheel drive and do agree with how much better grip they have compared to all season.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Reactions
Yesterday, got the plastic tray for the center console (learned of here) and a no slip mat for top of the storage door of the center console....the silver one in front

Also dropped in a K&N