Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Ceramic just can’t be beat. I had the front done the same as you then 50% on everything else plus the pano roof...made a HUGE difference down here in southeast Texas.
I'm sure Texas is murder during the heat. My buddy hooked me up for $100. Couldn't pass up that deal....plus he's ocd like myself.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
It feels like someone supercharged the AC now. lol

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Picked up the Ford weather mats yesterday. They are not bad. I prefer the Husky all rubber mats I had in my Raptor but they weren't available.

Attachments

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
I only have 750 miles on the ST, so I may wait a few hundred miles......but, have this incoming. :cool:

ZFG.jpg

CoastieN70

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Picked up the Ford weather mats yesterday. They are not bad. I prefer the Husky all rubber mats I had in my Raptor but they weren't available.
I have them in my ST and like them better than the Weather Tech's I have in previous vehicles... :)

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Nothing lately but the parts list is gonna snap some necks...if everything ever shows up. lol

Reactions
I hear you unbroken.....
steeda sway bar
End links
Spd down pipes
Edge cts3
Cr performance stage 5 turbos
Waiting for install..... and sadly the first thing going on the truck is 275/45/21 continental snow tires on my factory wheels. O Canada!!!!

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Hmmmm.....let's see what this is all about. Where do you guys "mount" this normally in the Exploder?

dragy info + ignition-900x900.jpg

Reactions
I stick mine in the little slot right in front of the cup holders in the Centre console hahaha it’s a perfect fit

Reactions
Got the cheap 20" winter wheels with Blizzaks on just in time for the big snow storm tomorrow. OEM mudflaps went on at the same time as well.

Still have to set up the TPMS, but I'm gonna pick up a TPMS scan tool to make it easier.

I wasn't sure about the wheels originally, but they don't look too bad. $2600 CAD shipped for the whole set, mounted and balanced.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Got the cheap 20" winter wheels with Blizzaks on just in time for the big snow storm tomorrow. OEM mudflaps went on at the same time as well.

Still have to set up the TPMS, but I'm gonna pick up a TPMS scan tool to make it easier.

I wasn't sure about the wheels originally, but they don't look too bad. $2600 CAD shipped for the whole set, mounted and balanced.

I just had my wheels installed with new tpms sensors........drove around for a bit and they synched up with the new units automatically. No tool used. Now I also had just flashed my ecu with a new ZFG Tune before driving but I don't think it is related.

1604549974656.png

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Also just loaded the ZFG Racing 93 tune this evening......OMG. Very impressed. :cool:

IMG_2823.JPG

Reactions
I just had my wheels installed with new tpms sensors........drove around for a bit and they synched up with the new units automatically. No tool used. Now I also had just flashed my ecu with a new ZFG Tune before driving but I don't think it is related.

View attachment 2491
Hmm. I tried that, as that is how it worked for our previous vehicle. All that happened is that all the pressure readings went to -- . On my Transit van, it has to be put into learn mode, and then each sensor needs to be activated in a certain order with a scan tool, or by adjusting the pressure.

Reactions

View attachment 2491
Nevermind. I must not have driven long enough originally. I just checked, and they appear to be sync'd.

iiwieft

Reactions
Had SPD down pipes , Whipple cooler, and Borla exhaust installed. Using ZFG tuning. what a difference!!

OP
TNSmokee
Reactions
Thread Starter #56

View attachment 2491
Wheel brand and specs?

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
OP
TNSmokee
Reactions
Thread Starter #58
RTR Tech 5 wheels 20x9.5 +33 offset. Got them from: https://www.bbwheelsonline.com/rtr-...5x4-5-5x114-3-gloss-black-33mm-851GB-2096533/
Available in gloss black or charcoal. You'd want to run a 294x45x20 inch tire to get you close to stock overall height for speedometer consistency (0.96%). Hope this helps.
It does. Actually more than I asked for so I really appreciate it. Hers has the 20" tires already. Would they work temporarily work or would I need to replace the tires too?

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
It does. Actually more than I asked for so I really appreciate it. Hers has the 20" tires already. Would they work temporarily work or would I need to replace the tires too?
The minimum tire width recommended for a 9.5" wheel is 245. Your factory 255 will fit fine (may look slightly stretched compared to stock setup). See the pics attached for before and after specs with a new wheel setup. Clearances are all good and the wheel will only be 0.22" closer to the strut and the wheel will be sitting 0.78" closer to being flush (pushed out).

w1.jpg

w2.jpg
Good luck.

Rich

OP
TNSmokee
Reactions
Thread Starter #60
The minimum tire width recommended for a 9.5" wheel is 245. Your factory 255 will fit fine (may look slightly stretched compared to stock setup). See the pics attached for before and after specs with a new wheel setup. Clearances are all good and the wheel will only be 0.22" closer to the strut and the wheel will be sitting 0.78" closer to being flush (pushed out).

View attachment 2581

View attachment 2582
Good luck.

Rich
Once again, Thanks. I'm sold and if it was my daily driver then it would be no question. It's hers and she doesn't spend it quite like I do. The rim website is saved as a favorite and the tire of chose is the Continental ExtremeContact. Those tires are around 330.00 each so I may need to ride the originals for a little bit. I want the setup more flush and the spacers that UNBROKEN turned me onto are close but the wheels are going to put ME where I want to be, but again the ST is hers.